very strange!!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by robbie, Dec 10, 2015.

1. Bucky

Bucky Active Member

Since I would say this is a very limited occurrence happening to only a few people any complaint will probably find the circle file almost immediately! I've been going to Lowes since day one and have never had this problem. Although, I must admit, I would like to know what's causing it for others?

Romeo likes this.
  2. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I am sure those who are not the best citizens would also like to learn how to exploit the issue also.

Romeo likes this.
  3. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

All one needs to do is use the button on the door when one exits the vehicle to ensure the doors are locked and to unlock, the key is still capable of unlocking the drivers door giving access to that same button.

Romeo likes this.
  4. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Yes which is what I have to do, but Lord help me if I was being chased by a gun waving citizen, Geezus I wouldn't get in my car fast enough with a key, lol............( nor would I be able to sound my horn honking for help)!!!!

5. Wayne Stollings

And the gunshots from that citizen would not be unusual enough to draw attention from others in the area so you would be at a significant disadvantage. :D

Of course you could wave your own weapon in response, but then again the gun battle probably would not be that unusual either..... ;)

I received one of those 960 lumen flashlights for Christmas that has an emergency strobe function that not only would blind everyone short of low flying aircraft, but would cause them to go into seizure thereby dropping their their weapon and allowing you to seize funds from their pockets to reimburse you for the battery usage of the light. :cool:

Romeo likes this.
  6. ROUTER

ROUTER Well-Known Member

You are correct, however my truck does not have a regular key, only a valet key inside the clicker, when I used this key to get in the truck it set the alarm off! I guess it did this because the signal from the clicker is being blocked and the security system on the truck did not recognize this to be my key! Really just an inconvenience for the most part, but now I leave the truck unlocked when I go there.

7. poppin cork

poppin cork Well-Known Member

Not really in our area wayne. We are in Johnston county not Durham. It hasn't turned into thugville yet.

BuzzMyMonkey likes this.
  8. Wayne Stollings

Really? The potential for being chased by a gun waving citizen was significant enough to be mentioned ...... I just pointed out that if that were the case it might not be noticed by others in the area.

9. Wayne Stollings

My wife's car is like that, which I hate. The whole push button start, gear choice, and all of the other requests you make to the auto which can be overridden by the computer is something I would rather avoid.

10. ROUTER

ROUTER Well-Known Member

I agree

11. space_cowboy

space_cowboy Well-Known Member

Maybe you shouldn't even leave your house, cupcake.

12. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Title_47_CFR_Part_15

Good luck with that one, one of the stipulations is generally that all devices "must accept interference from other sources". I'm no expert on the matter, but trying to get the Sheriff or FCC involved in a situation where you "think" something (of which you cannot identify) is causing interference with maybe 1% of cars (out of thousands) that park on private property. Well I doubt you will get very far.

13. Wayne Stollings

The only potential for action would be that whatever the problem is has to be broadcasting on a frequency to which it is not assigned. Much like the FCC used to do when CB radios were so popular and people jacked up the power so much they bled outside of their assigned frequencies. Still that would probably be way down on the priorities list.

Romeo likes this.