Across from Wal Mart

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Rockyv58, Jun 4, 2014.

1. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

I doubt if much else is going to happen if the land is for sale. Maybe putting the road in gets the master plan extended, since it's only good until sometime this year.

2. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

It is not an extension of Wal-Mart nor are their any plans for a Target. Right now only residential is planned for a portion of the land back there.

Thats it.

BuzzMyMonkey likes this.
  3. silverdevil

silverdevil Active Member

Any updates? Their has been no progress there the last several weeks.

4. silverdevil

silverdevil Active Member

I noticed this week that several trees were being cleared out.

5. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

6. Wraunch

Wraunch Well-Known Member

No updates since October?

7. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

While our power was out I was talking with my neighbor and she told me she was talking to one of the county clerks and found out that Target is going to be going in across from the Wal-mart on 40/42.

Also I would love to see a Office Depot/Max or a Staples to come out. Lately I have needed to do a lot of copying and hate having to always to travel to Smithfield or to go out to White Oak.

8. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

It seems like you could've bought one by now and used gas money and the price of your time driving around to pay for a copy machine.

Auxie likes this.
  9. jesse82nc

10. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

I just don't see , with our population in the surrounding area, that we could support a Wal Mart & Target. I'll believe that when I see the bldg. permit.

Bucky and jesse82nc like this.
  11. jesse82nc

Target was talked about going in there back when River Oaks was going to be another North Hills, like 8 years ago. Since then the economy tanked, and retail space was cut by about 80%. Now it's mostly going to be homes.

12. scbuff

scbuff Well-Known Member

I wish they could put some restaurants down that road instead of some more housing to further congest the area with vehicles. I know a lot of people including myself would love to have a chic filet, red lobster, and another chain steakhouse

Auxie likes this.
  13. markfnc

On these type of threads everyone want a Target/Chick Fil A/ Publix/Trader Joes etc. etc. Does anyone (Realtor etc) have the 5 mile demographics for the 40/42 intersection?
    I have found White Oak and just to compare Apex (Beaver Creek)
    White Oak 5 mi pooulation = 72,626 avg household income = $59.867
    Beaver Creek 5 mi population = 109,312, avg housold income = $103,211

we would have to be at or near White Oak to get a Chick fil a/ Target , and more than Apex for a Trader Joes.

anyone have that info for 40/42?

14. markfnc

we got a wireless printer/scanner for $45 on sale at Wal Mart. Of course if you are copying or scanning a 30 page document, it would take a long time 1 at a time.

Auxie likes this.
  15. Auxie

Auxie Well-Known Member

Most of the time it is cheaper to buy a new printer on sale than to buy new cartridges for the printer you currently have when they get empty, unless you re-ink the cartridges yourself or buy a replacement cartridge on EBAY. :eek: The printer I have runs $200 but is normally on sale for $100, new cartridges run $115 in stores. We're starting to get off the subject for this Group now.

16. jesse82nc

This was on the River Oaks flyer, it's from a few years ago though:

DEMOGRAPHICS
    1 MILE 3 MILES 5 MILES
    POPULATION 1,746 16,559 47,737
    PROJECTED POPULATION 1,940 18,574 53,661
    EST. HOUSEHOLD INCOME $79,534 $71,927 $69,168

Rockyv58 likes this.
  17. markfnc

Thanks. that's promising. we are 20,000 less population than white oak, but the avg income is 12,000 higher.

18. markfnc

I bought a cheap one at wal mart (on sale for $29) for my office. new toner was $35, and the same printer was still there for $29. So I bought the printer again.

Rockyv58 likes this.
  19. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Be aware that some of these printers come with less than a full toner cartridge installed at the factory. It might be less expensive in the long run to buy a full set of cartridges and see how many sheets you can print.

20. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I know with a lot of the cartridges you can take them to Walgreens and get them refilled for $10.00

Auxie likes this.