Nominations to recognize outstanding individuals and businesses

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Webmaster, Jan 28, 2016.

1. Webmaster

Webmaster Administrator

The Greater Cleveland Chamber of Commerce will hold its Annual Awards Banquet on Tuesday, February 16, 2016 . We are asking for your help to recognize outstanding individuals and businesses in the Cleveland township who have made our community a better place to live, work, and play.

You may submit your nominations for:

Greater Cleveland Woman of the Year: sponsored by the Cleveland School Rotary Club

Greater Cleveland Man of the Year: sponsored by the Cleveland Civitan Club

These individuals do not have to belong to the Greater Cleveland Chamber of Commerce.

We also need nominations from among the Chamber membership for the following:

Volunteer of the Year - an individual or organization who has given of their time to the Chamber and its events and activities

Small Business of the Year - for businesses with 5 employees or less

Business of the Year - for businesses with 6 employees or more

Send the name and a brief description of how this person or business has given exceptional service to the Cleveland Community to rotary.cleveland@gmail.com by February 5, 2016.

If your nominee is selected, you will be contacted for more information.

Contact Suzanne Wiley at 919-661-7994 if you have questions or need more information.

2. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

Since when is it a township?

3. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

I nominate myself for the Charisma award.
    Let's go peeps. Get out and rock the vote.

4. poppin cork

poppin cork Well-Known Member

Since the 1800's maybe?

5. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

Where's the town hall? I think that's a pre-requisite to being a town. Last I checked it's unincorporated Johnston County. And it is a community within the county, but not a town.

Edit - Well I guess I was wrong there, I was thinking of a town as an incorporated area, I guess that's called a city? Or what is that called then? What is Clayton vs Cleveland?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_township#Southern_states

6. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

upload_2016-1-28_15-36-46.png

Romeo likes this.
  7. poppin cork

poppin cork Well-Known Member

Township not town. That term was used long ago and meant: a division of territory in surveys . Basically a community. It's been called Cleveland Township all my life but I can understand your confusion.

Romeo likes this.
  8. Romeo

Romeo Active Member

1800s! :cool: Then it's been called that all of my life also!! o_O

poppin cork likes this.