Clayton East Village Walk Pocket

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by jesse82nc, Dec 14, 2015.

1. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

I've been following this fairly large neighborhood that is popping up in Clayton. The Arbors at East Village was the first along Front Street near the post office. They build 192 units, 8 buildings. They are adding Phase II right now which will add another 3 buildings and 72 more units.

Next on the schedule is "Clayton East Village Walk Pocket" which will add 300 houses next to the Arbors. Here's a nice composite I put together to show where it will be. It should be a 55+ age restricted neighborhood. It goes to the Clayton Town Council on Jan 4th, already approved by the planning department.

Clayton East Village Walk Pocket.jpg
    upload_2015-12-14_10-11-42.png
    upload_2015-12-14_10-11-54.png
    upload_2015-12-14_10-12-23.png

And as mentioned in previous threads, there's been renewed talk about the old Mill next to the post office, and the surrounding area getting a boost of redevelopment.

2. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

Do you have any idea what those houses will be selling for?

3. jesse82nc

I didn't see prices anywhere, but if I had to guess, I would say starting around $160-180k

4. Webmaster

Webmaster Administrator

Update:
    the_walk_east_village_clayton.jpeg

New Active Living, Age-Qualified Community in Clayton Celebrates Grand Opening April 22

Mayberry-Style Community Provides Relaxed Living with Adventure Around Every Corner

Clayton, North Carolina – April 4, 2017 – The Walk at East Village, a new construction 55+ age-qualified active living community in Clayton, is celebrating its grand opening with a public event Saturday, April 22, from 1 to 3:30 p.m. Prospective homebuyers and the entire community are invited to the family-friendly event to enjoy live music, free food and drinks including a neighborhood pig pickin’, model home and site tours, raffles, helicopter rides for homebuyers and more.

The Walk at East Village, located at 75 Bladen Pl. in Clayton, offers custom-grade homes with a touch of Southern charm. It also offers a unique pocket neighborhood concept designed to help its residents connect. It is the only dedicated 55+ age-qualified community of its kind in the Southeast. The pocket design creates a neighborhood within a neighborhood, with clusters of eight to 12 single-family homes facing each other around a shared common space such as a garden courtyard or walking path. With large porches out front and cars tucked in garages in the back, residents enjoy a greater sense of social environment, connection and security.

The Walk at East Village is also designed for activity. From the walking paths, a putting green and a heated saltwater pool with lap lane, to the 12,000-square-foot club house with a high-end fitness center, pickle ball and bocce courts, and a community garden, there are plenty of activities for everyone. The community’s activities director will also be developing programming around niche interests, such as arts and crafts events, cooking classes, happy hours and more.

“Whether you’re looking for someone to play golf with or the simple ability to chat with neighbors from your front porch, The Walk at East Village is designed for you to live at your own pace,” said Joe Smith, CEO of TIMU Group, LLC, who is developing the community in partnership with TH Clayton Development Company, LLC. “Our development team is based locally so we’re proud to be making such a meaningful impact on our own communities. Our leadership team is onsite daily to ensure the highest quality construction. We can’t wait to share what we’ve been working on with everyone at the grand opening event!”

The Walk at East Village is not only bringing a new kind of active living neighborhood to the area – it is also revolutionizing the home buying process with an online system developed specifically for the community. The price listed online is the final selling price, not a starting point. This approach to home buying makes the purchasing process easier and more transparent, eliminates bait-and-switch pricing and still gives the homebuyer a large range of style options to choose from, working through the unique online platform and showroom experience.

A variety of designer-grade, custom Cottage and Village-style homes ranging from 1,668 to 3,044 square feet, with three finish options at set pricing levels, are available from the $290,000s to the $500,000s. Even the base level comes standard with granite countertops, soft-close cabinets, wooden shelving and built-ins, with options increasing in quality from there.

The grand opening event will be Saturday, April 22 from 1 to 3:30 p.m. and is open to the public. In addition to unveiling four model homes, the complimentary pig pickin’ includes potato salad, slaw, appetizers and desserts, as well as beer, wine and non-alcoholic beverages. Free helicopter rides will also be available for anyone who purchases a home that day. For more information on The Walk at East Village or to start designing your new home, visit www.thewalkateastvillage.com.

About The Walk at East Village:

The Walk at East Village is a new construction 55+ age-qualified active living community in Clayton, North Carolina, featuring unique pocket neighborhoods designed to help residents connect. The community provides carefree living in the heart of home town with its Mayberry personality – from the landscaping to the lamp posts and signage, the community evokes a sense of relaxed Southern charm and hospitality with style. For more information on The Walk at East Village or to start designing your new home, visit www.thewalkateastvillage.com or call 844-900-WALK toll free. Stay connected with The Walk at East Village via social media at Facebook.com/TheWalkAtEastVillage, @WalkEastVillage on Twitter and @thewalk_eastvillage on Instagram.

5. lgb0250

lgb0250 Well-Known Member

At a $290K+ starting price for a home less than 1700sf they are mighty proud of that development.

6. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I wonder if they would allow pets.

7. jesse82nc

If you own a house, how can they deny you having a pet in your own house?

8. barney726

barney726 Well-Known Member

9. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

Covenants just like the age restrictions for residents.

10. jesse82nc

So does that mean if they can restrict what dogs you have in your house, then they could also restrict what you do inside a house? What if the covenants said something like, you can only wear blue clothes? Or can only have people over your house once a week? And only 2 people? Can they state how many kids you can have? HOAs are horrible, one reason I would never live in one.

Auxie likes this.
  11. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

I love HOAs. I make about a third of a salary per year off them and it takes about 40 hours a year. It's almost as good as selling to governments but they pay quicker.

12. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Yes, read the covenants closely because some even have an age on who can live with a person in these communities and for how long.

Auxie likes this.
  13. Wayne Stollings

Yes, if so written the HOA can restrict a lot about your property and its use, but it has to be balanced enough for sales if they want to sell any property.

It would be hard to enforce, but yes, the covenants can say just about anything because it is a private contract. Normally an age restriction on sales of property would be discrimination, but in the case of age targeted housing such as this 55+ they can get around it.

Again, very hard to enforce, but anything is possible.

They do have an advantage for keeping property values higher. I have seen neighbors who trashed the property values because of the state of their property and neighbors who would have done the same had there not been a legal covenant to prevent them from doing so. Everything is a balance and before buying any property check to see what the covenants are before doing so. Our current HOA had a couple of odd covenants but things I could live with. The problem arose when the board took the covenants from another area and created a quasi-covenant list through the architectural review committee. They tried to claim they had the authority to do so until I requested they bring in either their attorney or the management company to one of the meetings to explain things from a legal perspective since the covenants on file required a majority vote of the homeowners to make any changes. That new list has not been mentioned for a few years now and I still have a couple of cards to play if we ever have another disagreement in the future. The previous HOA was much simpler as they consulted their attorney before the meeting and just admitted they were wrong at the first meeting.

Sherry A. likes this.
  14. Auxie

Auxie Well-Known Member

My HOA only lets Members know when and where the yearly meeting is taking place.

15. siameselover

siameselover Well-Known Member

I wish there was an over 55 housing starting at 150 so people who arent rich can live at one. I would even live in a mobile home development for over 55. Only thing in this price range is younger families and sad to say people who trash their yards and homes

Auxie likes this.
  16. Wayne Stollings

This was not a yearly meeting but a private meeting where the HOA was informed that it was trying to do something for which it had no authority.

17. Craig Mathews

Craig Mathews New Member

This is not a traditional neighborhood, which is why the pricing is a little higher. It's a 55+ active living neighborhood with a 12,000 square foot clubhouse with coffee cafe, BYOB wine bar, demonstration kitchen, heated saltwater pool, pickleball courts, and much more. There's also an activities director to help people connect and stay active. If you look at other similar 55+ active living communities in the Triangle, you'll find that The Walk at East Village is quite a bit less per square foot than they are.

And it doesn't have the bait-and-switch pricing that other communities are known for. This means that the price you see is the price you pay. Three different price levels for each home and that's it. Even at the base/Classic level, the homes include granite counters, premium appliances, soft-close cabinets, crown molding, ceiling fans, built-in bookshelves, and more.

Disclaimer: I am in charge of marketing for The Walk at East Village. Go to http://thewalkateastvillage.com to find out more.

18. Craig Mathews

Craig Mathews New Member

Yes! The Walk at East Village not only allows pets, but has a Bark Park to help socialize your furry friends.

Disclaimer: I am in charge of marketing for The Walk at East Village. Go to http://thewalkateastvillage.com to find out more.

19. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

Not sure if I missed this somewhere, but are there additional HOA fees for this development?

Auxie and poppin cork like this.
  20. Craig Mathews

Craig Mathews New Member

Yes, there are HOA dues of $245 per month. This includes lots of socials, activities, grounds maintenance, staff, etc.