outdoor antenna

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by OutdoorPlay, Jul 18, 2015.

1. cranky

cranky Well-Known Member

I get PBS but its one of the weakest signals. Sometimes I cant get it for weeks at a time. I'm using and amplified rabbit ear antenna from radio shack thats older than digital. I wonder if they will boost their signal anytime soon? I think they did in 2002 or so.

Rockyv58 likes this.
  2. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I know Cynadon is in my neighborhood and He knows that my Cul-de-sac is basically on a slight hill. Like he said his place and the main road are about 50 feet higher than where my house is. I guess I can email UNC\PBS if they use the TV towers on 70. But for now I will just have to watch PBS on cable until my job outlook changes.

But on a side note I am thinking of changing my home phone over to Century Link. I am currently going through TWC. The ice storm last week only reminded me that when I lost power I lost my home phone. I just remember in the old days when you lost power you still have phone service. Just got to check into what basic home phone service costs.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
  3. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

Back in the day Rocky, they dug clay from a pit for the road in your neighborhood. The pit grew over with kudzoo and looked level. We used to ride trucks, motorcycles, and horses through there. You had to know where the pit was! When it was housed, they just graded in a slope. Plus you are naturally heading down to the branch back there.

4. Rockyv58

When I stand on my back porch I can see where the trees far enough apart to make a road. But also there looks to be a split where it looks like a smaller road that could of been used for 'gators' and such to make a trail. It goes right to the big old patch of kudzu on the next street over. Yeah my whole back yard is clay. Cannot get anything much than weeds, kudzu and the trees to grow.

5. cynadon

Folks used to walk to the store for groceries. That's why they's a path through your area to me. If you find maps old enough, my driveway is labeled as a "dirt path"

6. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

Not sure there are any gators around here. Although lake benson may have one lurking around.

Auxie and Rockyv58 like this.
  7. Rockyv58

I meant those 4wheel drive thingys

8. cynadon

look around. idiots are everwhere

Wayne Stollings and Rockyv58 like this.