online driver license renewal

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Rockyv58, Feb 26, 2016.

1. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Has anyone done the online drivers license renewal? How long does it take to get the new license? and do they use your last picture? Thanks

2. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

Yes, both my wife and I used the online renewal. I don't remember just how long it took but it was not long before the new license arrived. They do use the last picture taken for the new license.

Auxie likes this.
  3. Tardevil

Tardevil Well-Known Member

So simple - very convenient - not a long wait - not sure I look much like my last photo, but I'll take it!!!

4. keemom

keemom Well-Known Member

I just renewed mine online last Monday, super easy and it came in the mail today. And yes, they use the picture from your expiring license

5. Rockyv58

Well I did it online this morning. Says it takes 7-14 days to get it. :(. My license expires next Wednesday. Oops I should of done it a week ago

6. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

When I went in last December they gave me a paper temporary license, because even if you go in they cannot give them to you (probably tied to the Real ID requirements). Did it not offer you the opportunity to print one off?

Rockyv58 likes this.
  7. Wayne Stollings

I would at least carry the receipt for the order in case you were stopped. Murphy's Law and all.

8. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

So, let me get this straight......we can get our license renewed online, but to vote.......

Sherry

Wayne Stollings and Hught like this.
  9. poppin cork

poppin cork Well-Known Member

Voting should always be viewed more sacred than any license.

10. Wayne Stollings

So you try to make it more difficult to participate? Makes sense to me .... not really.

11. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Clearly she meant that renewing a license is so easy now that there is no excuse not to have one so voting is no problem.

poppin cork likes this.
  12. Wayne Stollings

Except the problem is with those who do not have a drivers license to renew .....

13. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

You're wrong.. more legitimate is the accurate reason

14. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

What ID do they use when they apply for their EBT card?

15. Wayne Stollings

More legitimate? You have any statistics to support that view? Of course not because there are none.

16. Wayne Stollings

17. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

It's not a view.. it's a fact. Statistics aren't needed to know that someone who presents an ID legitimizes who they are verses someone who just says yeah that's me. It's factual proof verses ones word.

18. Rockyv58

got the receipt emailed to me

Sherry A. and Hught like this.
  19. Wayne Stollings

Why the need for being legitimized when it requires such a strict set of IDs that prevents people from being able to vote without significant effort? Never mind, that IS the goal since there is no indication of the need for legitimization. A solution in search of a problem would be the conclusion if it were not for the true goal of limiting voter participation for the poor, the older, and the marginalized portions of our population.