Little Caesars at 40/42

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by smparrish, Mar 9, 2016.

1. smparrish

smparrish Active Member

Was driving by 40/42 today and noticed that there is a sign for Little Caesars coming soon to the 42/40 Plaza shopping center. This is the same center where Simple Twist is.

2. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

My son saw that and as excited. We will have the trifecta with Dominos, Papa Johns, Little Caesars and Pizza Inn coming back. Is Papas Pizza still on the Smithfield BBQ side?

3. elims

elims Well-Known Member

There's a Papa Johns? Dominos is still up there at 40/42? Man, I need to keep better track of these places.

4. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Papa John's is in the plaza where Lowes foods is. 50/42

5. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

There's a reason little Caesars are cheap. Cheap.
    Get a piece of cardboard some outdated Sams pizza sauce, imitation cheese and cook it.

poppin cork likes this.
  6. Auxie

Auxie Well-Known Member

With all of the deliver/take-out Pizza places you have to be careful not to eat some of the cardboard, it tastes the same as their pizza.
    I wish that we had a Poppa Murphy Pizza closer that F-V.

7. Bride

Bride Member

There is a Papa Murphy in Garner, next to Walmart.

8. Rockyv58

And don't forget that Pizza Inn is coming back to the 40/42 area. Moving into the old Golden Corral building

9. Straitlover

Straitlover Well-Known Member

I tried the Papa Murphy's in FV. I don't get the hype. My pizza was not very good. Freschetta frozen is better and is definitely cheaper.

I hope the Pizza Inn is better than the one that used to be at 40/42!

And LIttle Ceaser's??? Uhh, no ... Again Freschetta is better. :)

10. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

As far as pizza goes, I used to like the old Marcos that used to be in front of Walmart at 40/42. But I haven't tried them since they changed names. I grew up in the NJ/NYC area, it's hard to find decent pizza down here. Plus everyone likes something different, so it's hard to get a good recommendation. I don't hate Dominos, and Pizza Hut stuffed crust is good. But they are not NY style at all which I miss. Randy's in Cary is pretty close to what I grew up on though.

11. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

I was driving by the Walmart on 70 and saw a sign for an Anthony's Pizza, but don't know if it's a new place or has been there for a while. Maybe it's more of what you're looking for? Could be worth a try?

12. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

Anthony's has been there since last summer and is under the same ownership as La Piazza at 42/50.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
  13. Auxie

Auxie Well-Known Member

14. Straitlover

Straitlover Well-Known Member

The pizza was very blah tasting. The sauce, what little bit of it was there, was flavorless. The crust might have been better if i had gotten the thin crust. Spent close to $15 for a small pizza that was not very good.

15. scbuff

scbuff Well-Known Member

Pizza Inn must be close to opening. Saw an actual Pizza Inn sign up on the building last night.

Auxie likes this.
  16. markfnc

they are hiring, i looked in and it looks about done inside. I'd guess 2 more weeks.

17. Rockyv58

How different does it look from the Golden Corral that was there?

18. markfnc

saw it from car, but looked like new counters at serving area (white or lighter colored). could be relaminated old cabinets or painted. too much stuff at front to see if the pay 1st area was there or not.

Rockyv58 likes this.
  19. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

The Marco's at Walmart & 42 has been my in-laws favorite pizza for several years. They were in there a few months back and inquired about the "new name" and were told they changed names because of the Marco's (national franchise chain) that opened in Clayton where the Quizno's used to be, behind DQ on 70 @ Lowes Foods. It's still the same people that own it, same pizza, etc.

jesse82nc and Rockyv58 like this.
  20. Rockyv58

That's like Venero's. When I first moved out here from Raleigh, they were called Good Fellas. But had to change their name when a national chain by the same name moved down here.

tassy likes this.