New Voting Rules - Public Service Announcement

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Hught, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

2. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Today (Saturday) at 1pm early voting closes!

On my way to the Board of Elections in Clinton right now.

3. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Sherry A. and Wayne Stollings like this.
  4. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Bump

Reminder, you are able to vote early, I just completed my civic duty.

Sherry A. likes this.
  5. Sherry A.

Early voting has begun. You can vote at any early voting site in the county you live in. If you have photo ID, bring it with you to the polls. If you do not have photo ID, you can still vote by signing an affidavit giving the last 4 digits of your social security number, your date of birth, and the reason you do not have an ID. The form has a list of acceptable reasons, like no transportation, family obligations, didn't have necessary documents, etc. Or, you can request an absentee ballot; photo ID is not required to vote by absentee ballot

kaci and Hught like this.
  6. Sherry A.

There are literally dozens of different ballots for Johnston County precincts alone. To see your own sample ballot, go to the state board of elections web site, type in your name & select your county. You can verify your voter registration, see what districts you are in for NC House & Senate, US House, judicial district, etc., and see your own sample ballot.

https://vt.ncsbe.gov/voter_search_public/

Auxie likes this.
  7. poppin cork

poppin cork Well-Known Member

Always look at the front and BACK of the ballot!

Sherry A., Hught and Auxie like this.
  8. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Good point, in Sampson County the back of the ballot had a funding item that will not show up in November's ballot.

9. Auxie

Auxie Well-Known Member

I just voted today (Johnston County) and since I don't claim any party affiliation, all of my voting information was on the front. BUT I did check the back, just in case.

10. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

11. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I have to go vote now over at C3 tomorrow. I am use to going over to the D.R. Wells fire station. On March 03. I renewed my drivers license. The receipt said I should see my new license in 7-14 days. It still has not shown up. My current license expired on March 09. I did print the receipt just in case I get pulled over. Hopefully with in the next 24 hours my new license will show up. But if it doesn't do you think the polling place will still accept my expired license as proof?

12. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I would take the receipt, but do you have any other government issued ID? I would bring that, in particular if it has a photo, if possible bring a passport.

Rockyv58 likes this.
  13. Rockyv58

Yea I had a Wake Forest Police Officer tell me to keep the receipt in my wallet just in case I get pulled over. He said that it should still show up as current in the system. Yea I have a passport somewhere. I'll go and dig it out, just in case.

Do you think the lines will be long tomorrow?

14. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, for Primary races it is rarely backed up in my opinion.

15. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

According to the website, yes, but that assumes the people there are up on the regulations which has not always been the case with the DMV and issuing the IDs.

http://voterid.nc.gov/pages/faqs.html#4

North Carolina DMV-issued Photo IDAny card issued by the North Carolina Division of Motor Vehicles, including a driver's license, non-operator's identification card, learner's permit, or provisional license is acceptable. The card may be expired no more than four (4) years before it is presented for voting.

Hught likes this.
  16. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

thanks for link. was able to print my ballot and review over lunch.

Sherry A. likes this.
  17. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Correction, they said this was the highest early-vote tally yet on WRAL, might get kind of heavy tomorrow, especially in light of the new rules.

Sherry A. likes this.
  18. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

Easy going this morning. I was #10 voter at new location (Oakland Church). They were organized and ready to go. No issues, ID thing was simple.

Auxie, Rockyv58 and Hught like this.
  19. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

Voting was a piece of cake this morning, had one person in front of me in line and a JoCo Sheriff behind me. Showed them my drivers license, gave them my name and address, and they gave me my paper to get my ballot. In and out in like 5 minutes.

20. Rockyv58

Does anyone vote over at the C3 church?

I have to correct myself. Just pulled out the voter registration card. It's actually the Oakland Presbyterian church. How is the voter line there?

Last edited: Mar 15, 2016