Good local place to buy and have installed an outdoor TV antenna?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Straitlover, May 31, 2016.

1. Straitlover

Straitlover Well-Known Member

My house is surrounded by trees. I had my Dish Network taken out awhile back partly to save money but also because I could no longer keep a good signal. I have a Mohu Leaf antenna on the LR TV and amplified rabbit ears on the bedroom TV. Some days they work fine, some days they pixelate enough to drive me nuts. I can only get PBS at night but not every night.

I'm wondering if a rooftop antenna would work better. No way can I install it myself. Any recommendations on places where you can buy a decent one that will also install it for me?

2. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

one question. is your Mohu powered or passive?

3. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

not sure if they are still made, but back in the 70's before cable became widespread. We had a power antenna in our attic. we had a box on our TV that we could turn and change the direction that the antenna faces

4. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

from my experience, a 30$ or so, powered antenna works great, unless you live in a low spot. Place it in a window if you can.

5. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Cyandon. If I remember you live around the corner from me. Do you know that house over on Polenta across from the high school. Second house in (Myatt Place). It has all the antenna's. Are those TV antenna's or CB and Ham radio antenna's?

6. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

Probably HAM. the aerials look too short to be CB

7. Straitlover

Straitlover Well-Known Member

It is the amplified one, so powered. You plug it in the USB port. I got it at Sam's a few years ago. Think it cost $30 or so? I know it was a way better deal at Sam's than it was on the Mohu website.