Hyundai Mechanic

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Lawnranger, Jun 1, 2016.

1. Lawnranger

Lawnranger Well-Known Member

I am looking for an auto mechanic familiar with Hyundai vehicles. I would like to find someone local to take my Hyundai for small repairs and oil changes to bigger issues like gasket replacements or belts. I'm willing to travel if the mechanic is highly recommended. Thanks for any help!

2. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

Shane and Kevin at Swedish Performance - https://www.facebook.com/SwedishPerformance/?fref=ts
    429 Industrial Dr
    Wendell, NC

(919) 365-9100

They know their stuff, they primarily work on BMWs, Saabs, and Euros. But They have done plenty of work on Hyundais as well. They did a full engine replacement on a friend's Genesis Coupe even. Their prices are reasonable and they won't try to screw you over for things you don't need. They really focus on larger things than just oil changes, for that Snappy Lube would be just fine. That same friend with the Genesis Coupe is the District Manager for Snappy in charge of like a dozen stores.

While I do most of my work myself, I wouldn't hesitate to bring my own cars to either place or to have a family member go there as well.

3. Bucky

Bucky Active Member

Not sure about Hyundai but I've used TriCounty Auto & Tire, 919-779-1038 for a long time now to service my 2010 Lexus. Quick and reasonable pricing. I confess to not being a mechanic but the last time I was there I requested the brake fluid be changed out per the owners maintenance schedule, along with other normal mileage specific general maintenance items. When I went to pick the vehicle up I thought the bill was a little low so I asked why. Was told the fluid didn't need to be changed and it was still in great condition! Was kind of nice for them to tell me this instead of just blindly doing what I asked. Nice to not be up sold every time you walk in the door. Great people.

4. Lawnranger

I'm going Wednesday to have Swedish Performance work on my car. Thanks for your suggestion! Really appreciate it. Barry

jesse82nc likes this.
  5. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

Heard from them that the stealership was trying to rip you off. Glad you didn't have to spend more than you needed.

Lawnranger likes this.
  6. Lawnranger

I know! Picked up our car yesterday. Kevin did a great job! I highly recommend him. Thanks again for the recommendation.

Bluewillow and jesse82nc like this.