Panera Bread & Pizza Inn

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Webmaster, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

I agree, as I paid $45.00 for two of us to have a full sandwich, 1 regular salad and a half of a salad. I am still in sticker shock.

Sherry

2. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

Wow, crazy expensive! We don't go out to eat at all. The food never seems to be worth it and it really is over priced. Do others feel that way?

jlc007 and Sherry A. like this.
  3. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

yes. 50$ for sandwiches and salads is a bit much. I don't mind paying for good food, but !

Rockyv58 likes this.
  4. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Did you order them straight off the menu, or did you add "extra charge" items to them?

5. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

My limit is usually about $12-15 for lunch with a tip if I go to a nice place with some co-workers. About $15-18 per person for dinner. And that is usually when we go to a place like the Clubhouse or Mannings. I don't mind spending it if I don't have to cook and clean up at home, especially on days when I have been doing other work all day and I'm tired.

6. Sherry A.

Straight off the menu Tassy, except I had them hold the cheese on my sandwich.

Sherry

7. barney726

barney726 Well-Known Member

i feel better already. happy we ordered 1/2 items. i will say their strawberry (something) salad is really good!

Sherry A. likes this.
  8. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Recent reviews of Pizza Inn @ 40/42?

9. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

We went 2 weeks ago. still busy. pizza's kept coming out as needed. staff less frazzled then opening week. all was good.

10. gcoats3

We went last evening (Friday). No problems and fresh and good selection of pizza the entire time we were there. Staff was great.

11. youwish2bme

youwish2bme Well-Known Member

You sure you got charged right? It's usually $25 for the wife and I to eat lunch there for a similar meal you described. Panera is great food.

12. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

Does Pizza Inn serve beer?

13. gcoats3

Not at the 40/42 location.

14. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

According to my Budweiser rep, YES THEY DO.

tassy likes this.
  15. Sherry A.

Yes, I checked my receipt and talked to the clerk.

Sherry

16. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I did the math from the menu myself too and can't figure out what they charged her for. Even if she had ordered the most expensive sandwiches and salads, I couldn't get to $45. Drinks maybe?

17. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Been to the White Oak Panera twice now. Food is just like all Panera's, better than fast food but a little more expensive. I did notice both times that the employees over there seem kind of grumpy. The cashier was actually rolling her eyes the first time we went because we showed up 10 minutes before they closed. If they didn't want customers then they should have locked the doors.

The second time we went it was lunch time. The girl taking orders couldnt even be bothered to look at us while she talked or while we ordered. It seemed as if we were a distraction. The cashier is the face of the company. Assuming those are the best they have I'm a little worried about the one's in the back making the food.

As for Sherry's $45 meal. Lunch for two of us was less than $15. You just have to learn the menu and don't get carried away.

18. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

I have noticed this at most eating establishments in the White Oak area. Red Robin, Buffalo WW, Blaze, etc. Hard to find good help these days I guess. I will say the people at City BBQ are top notch.

Auxie and DontCareHowYouDoItInNY like this.
  19. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

Sherry can get carried away with her stories at times.

20. Sherry A.

Yes, we had two drinks with our expensive meal.

Sherry