Panera Bread & Pizza Inn

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Webmaster, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

This from your "covert" sources?

Sherry

Auxie likes this.
  2. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

What drinks?? A couple scorpion bowls?

3. Auxie

Auxie Well-Known Member

What is a Scorpion Bowl? I've never heard of it before.

4. BuzzMyMonkey

Real Chinese joints up north serve them. I haven't really seen them down here anywhere that I know of.
    They can pack a sting like a scorpion after you drink it. Lol they generally can serve 2-3 people. If anyone is up to it they can finish it off with the 151 rum in the middle.

tassy, jlc007 and Auxie like this.
  5. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

We went to the Carolina Ale House for the second time last night. It will be our last time. Took over 45 minutes to get our food and the place wasn't even crowded. The people beside of us had been waiting for one hour for an order of wings. They finally got up and left. Another couple behind us said their food was cold but they were so hungry they ate it anyway.

6. BuzzMyMonkey

Was the beer cold??

7. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

We've been to the one at White Oak at least 3 or 4 times now, other than the slow service opening weekend, we have not had any bad experiences. Twice we went with 3 other couples as well.

8. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Been several times and haven't had any problems or complaints really. And have gotten faster service than the few times I've been to Buffalo Brothers over by Target.

9. youwish2bme

youwish2bme Well-Known Member

Interesting, been there 10+ times since they opened.. Never had bad service. Now Buffalo Brothers is another story been there 3x.. Bad food each time and poor service... Not trying it for a 4th x....

HITCH

10. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

http://time.com/money/4419283/expen...|dl8|sec1_lnk3&pLid=1248267414_htmlws-main-bb

If you’re eating at a sit-down restaurant chain like Chili’s or Applebee’s, you might expect to pay more than if you ate at, say, McDonald’s or Subway. But you might not expect to pay nearly $40 to eat at Panera Bread.

A new study by Certify, a company that processes corporate expense reimbursements, took a look at the most-frequently expensed restaurants and how much business travelers spend there. Panera was the third-most popular chain, behind Starbucks (which is far and away the top breakfast spot) and McDonald’s, respectively. But unlike the average $11.55 tab at Starbucks and $8.75 at McDonald’s — which was the cheapest average bill in the study — Panera tips the scales with an average ticket of $39.52.

Auxie and Sherry A. like this.
  11. barney726

barney726 Well-Known Member

not worth the high tab

12. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

for one person??

13. jesse82nc

$39.52 for one person is what I would expect to pay at a high end place on Glenwood maybe. Certainly not at a fast food or quick serve restaurant. It has to be for two people. It's pretty rare that the two of us go out to dinner and it costs $40 even with tax and a tip. Usually it's closer to $30-35.

Auxie and BuzzMyMonkey like this.
  14. Auxie

Auxie Well-Known Member

I pay $14.50 at Golden Corral, with the senior discount, for one person. Is it so high in cost because it's on Glenwood?

15. jesse82nc

If you want crappy food, you can get just as much for less at MCD, BK, Wendys, etc. I can walk out there more than full for about $7-8. For $14.50 you could go to the Clubhouse and get some better food.

16. lgb0250

lgb0250 Well-Known Member

And the roaches to go with it unfortunately! Really big roaches too!!

17. jesse82nc

Probably eaten there at least 100 times over the past 5-6 years, never had a single problem I can think of. Brought several friends on several occasions, even a couple bigger parties of 30-50 people. Never heard anything bad from anyone that has gone with me.

BuzzMyMonkey likes this.
  18. youwish2bme

I eat at Panera all the time. $10 - 12 is what it costs per person... Not sure how people spend $30 per person there...

HITCH

tassy likes this.
  19. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I have dropped $20 but not in NC.

20. youwish2bme

On what? You dropped $20 on what? At Panera? At what place?