Panera Bread & Pizza Inn

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Webmaster, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Sandwich, soup, drink, Bearclaw. I believe it was California.

2. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

Aren't Bearclaws illegal to sell in California? That state flag and all ....

Hught and Rockyv58 like this.
  3. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

4. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

Panera Bread 2.0

5. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Give it a rest

6. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

This is what happens when fast food workers demand $15/hr pay.

7. Wayne Stollings

No it is what happens when you expect a larger rush than the counter people can handle. There is a location with these kiosks between 540 and the RTP on NC 55. I am told it allows the people who do not need to ask questions to proceed through at a faster rate. The kiosks are outside of the counter area and require no counter space from the employees.

8. molly2008

molly2008 Well-Known Member

Off topic a bit from Panera, but a McCallister's Deli opened near my work on Capital Blvd. Better food, not quite as pricey. There's a 5 Guys in the same shopping center. Nice to have a couple options closer than the Panera up there too.

I'd LOVE to see a PDQ come to Garner, their chicken is very good and they have great fries too. They just added zuchinni fries to the menu as well.

tassy likes this.
  9. CraigSPL

10. CraigSPL

There used to be one in Garner near where Moonrunner's is now.

And I too would like to have one closer than Spring Hope.

http://www.pdquix.com/locations.php

11. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

12. Wayne Stollings

13. Wayne Stollings

Unless Wendy's is looking at 10 - 12 kiosks in each locations for their normal operations the comparison is faulty. The setup for so many kiosks is different for serving as well.

14. molly2008

molly2008 Well-Known Member

Not the same chain, but I am game!

This is the one I am talking about, there is one on Falls of Neuse and one farther up in Wake Forest.

http://www.eatpdq.com/

15. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

I love the kiosks at Sheetz, works well for them having 4 of them. Just wish you could pay at them as well. Even during a busy time there, I have not had to wait more than a minute or two to place my order.

16. CraigSPL

Perhaps if in places such as California and New York if the minimum wage wasn't $15 (by end of year) the labor market wouldn't be so tight.

Hard to justify paying a high school student $15 an hour to ask.."do you want fries with that" or "what size meal would you like"

Auxie and Hught like this.
  17. Wayne Stollings

The reference is to having to pay higher wages to get qualified help regardless of the minimum wage.

They will still do that because a certain portion of the market will not want to use a kiosk.

Hught likes this.
  18. CraigSPL

When you can put in 4 kiosks in the same foot print of 2 human cashiers it makes perfect sense and will provide a quick service. Fast food might actually become fast food again

jesse82nc likes this.
  19. CraigSPL

doesn't take a rocket scientist to run a POS system and no need to justify $15/hr for "qualified" help

Guess those people will never get food from a Sheetz then as they do not have "live" order taking.....kiosk only

jesse82nc likes this.
  20. Wayne Stollings

Yes, there is a limit to the number of order points per output of the kitchen. A friend that used to live in the area had three or four franchises and they were adamant about the wait times people would accept. Another firend started the Jersey Mike's in the RTP when they first opened here. They were also told to limit their order stations to what the kitchen/prep could deliver in a specific amount of time. They were limited to two stations as a result. That is why you generally see only three order points and the drive through because the size of the kitchen will not support the time delay people will accept. There is X amount of time they will comfortably wait to place an order and Y amount of time they will comfortably wait to receive the order once it is placed. The odd thing is that if you place the order faster that saved time is not added to the wait time. So, if you want to have happy customers you have to have the ability to fill the common order within that time frame regardless of the number of order stations you have. That is why the Panera's with the loads of extra kiosks are generally the new ones where they have built in extra work space for that level of rush. If they do not have the staff they are actually hurting themselves in the eyes of their customers due to the extended wait for food.

Auxie likes this.