Panera Bread & Pizza Inn

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Webmaster, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

Not unless the kitchen production is increased. Most fast-ish food locations have similar sized kitchens and are limited to a maximum of four order points and not all of those are used unless the kitchen is sufficiently staffed.

2. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

Maybe not but the article you posted clearly indicated the competitive pay to get qualified people as one of the reasons.

Wendy's Penegor said company-operated stores, only about 10% of the total, are seeing wage inflation of 5% to 6%, driven both by the minimum wage and some by the need to offer a competitive wage "to access good labor."

Yes, I know of a few who will not use a Kiosk. The McDonald's which is now at NS54 and Fayetteville Road near South Point was the highest grossing franchise in the nation before they moved to this better location. They tried a single kiosk just after then opened the new location. People complained it was in the way going to place an order at the counter. It was removed after only a few weeks. Their customers did not want to use it and the customer rules in such a situation.

3. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

I have other thoughts there, but won't go there at this time, concerning kitchen staff

4. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

They have had automated frying machines for years, just that most fast food companies haven't implemented them yet. -
    With a few tweaks, that could be used for just about anything that needs to be fried. Chicken, fries, rings, etc.
    In some places, that almost replaces an entire person in the kitchen.

As for burgers and such, it would be super each to make a machine that does 95% of the work. Customers already get their own drinks, and in some places your own ice cream and other stuff. You could easily run a fairly busy McDs, Wendys, BK, etc with just 2-3 people working at any given time with enough automation.

5. CraigSPL

Since you brought it up, my complaint is more about the people working most fast food kitchens move about as fast a tree sloth.

6. Auxie

Auxie Well-Known Member

I certainly wish that many others would follow you lead, but I bet they won't.

7. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

Newly opened Eatsa Restaurant in "technophile" San Francisco and NYC image.jpg Kiosk Ordering, Personalized LED screens that shows your name when order is ready for pickup.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
  8. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

9. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

This is Shanghai today, so it makes sense that an American company would automate there first: image.jpg

10. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

image.jpg image.jpg

11. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

12. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

My reply to clients, over half are in the chemical industry, is "Would you rather they work here, the chemical plant, or collect from your tax dollars?"

13. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

image.jpg
    You forgot Rosie!

Auxie likes this.
  14. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

Good Lord! You obviously haven't been to these places recently. 15 bucks an hour is "chump change" in those markets - NYC dog walkers make $25 an hour plus! Gotta love how "ideology trumps actual thinking" on this thread - every single time -with people parroting that ready made "narrative" about "undeserving $15 fast food workers", and repeating it like it means something. It doesn't. Besides, fast food businesses won't pay that wage if they don't have to - I doubt they will - hence the impetus for future automation in most low-wage markets. image.jpg

15. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

Not to mention the average rents in Manhattan are a tad bit expensive these days:
    image.jpg

16. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

I
    It's a public thread, Sweetie. Maybe we can all learn something new besides listening to the "latest nasty gossip and hearsay about neighbors" that unfortunately passes for "exciting, scintillating conversation" around here, but in reality, is very dull and uninspiring. image.jpg

Auxie likes this.
  17. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

In the IT world, many interns that are in their 2nd or 3rd year of their batchelors degree, can make $25-40 an hour at most major companies. Back when I was an intern in the IT world 15 years ago, we were lucky to get $10 an hour.

18. CraigSPL

If you can't spare the time to walk the dog yourself you don't need a dog.

And there is no way in hell I'm willing to pay the $1300-$1600 they are asking for a 1 room loft at the Hue in downtown Raleigh, much less the 3500-4000 you listed. I do not need that life style nor do I want it. and I guess technically no one "needs" that lifestyle they choose it.

19. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

You're the one who hijacked a thread about local eateries with your robo-phobia!

Hught likes this.
  20. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

image.jpg

Auxie likes this.