Gas Stations

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by tassy, Sep 19, 2016.

1. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

What gas stations have you seen out of gas, either just regular, or out of premium, mid & regular? Or, what stations do you know still have gas? Have you seen any price gouging? $2.04-$2.22 is what I have seen for regular on my way to work this morning.

(thought this could be helpful information for anyone that needs to run out and get gas still)

2. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

Sheetz at 50/42 only had diesel this morning. BP/Shell at 40/42 only had 93 & diesel. Marathon had 87 2.09 i think.

3. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I know the Sheetz at 42/Amelia Church Rd. is out of regular, not sure about premium or diesel. It seems like Sheetz were the first ones to run out of regular.

4. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

It seems all or most Sheetz are affected

5. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Fayetteville I filled up for $2.07, but in Steadman, NC the only thing they had left was Premium at $2.58 a gallon

6. Auxie

Auxie Well-Known Member

Most Stations in 40/42 area are now out of gas!! If not out, their VERY low.

7. Auxie

Auxie Well-Known Member

Sheetz stopped selling regular Friday. Saturday they were only selling premium.

8. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

9. Auxie

Auxie Well-Known Member

10. pcroom

pcroom Well-Known Member

I got to have gas very soon. Need to go to the doctor next Monday. Any ideas of how long this will last? I have a handicap van that is 1/4 full.

11. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Around 6:30 coming up 42 - 40/42 Marathon and Speedway/Wendys had gas, not sure about the station next to Marathon, it was hard to tell as I turned. The station at Barber Mill Rd was out, the station at Guy Rd & 42 was out, both Sheetz - out, station at Cornwallis/42 - out.

Around 8:00 pm BJ's in Garner still had regular gas for 2.07, if you are a member. The Shell station on 70 near the Kangaroo and 40 had gas about 8:00 pm. The station at Guy Rd/70 was out, I couldn't tell with the Walmart on 70, there were cars in there. In Clayton the Valero 70 had gas, someone on FB said they could only get $10. The station next to DQ was out, the Handee Hugo across from McDonalds was out.

A friend who has worked in the petroleum industry for years posted this on FB - She said this won't last long, but it could be ugly for a week or two. Top off your tank whenever you can.

12. certdude

certdude Well-Known Member

Figure another 2-3 days for them to fix the pipeline or bypass it (they I think are working on both); and another 2-3 days for stations to get filled up.

Auxie likes this.
  13. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

Marathon and the Speedway/Wendy's were the only two that had gas when we just passed by at 40/42. All Sheetz were out from Clayton to Holly Springs along 42.

14. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

Tues (9/20) morning Marathon @ 40/42 had gas and a line out onto 42. Shell/BP out. Sheetz 42/50 out, Lowes food had gas at 42/50. i didn't cross 40 so not sure about the speedways.

15. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

Marathon and Murphy were the only two I saw with gas

16. Webmaster

Webmaster Administrator

Auxie likes this.
  17. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Worse than the whole bread and milk thing when a hurricane comes. Herd mentality.

Wayne Stollings and poppin cork like this.
  18. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

Sandhu's gas ay Amelia church and Guy Rd seemed to have fuel at lunchtime today. I saw cars at the pumps. Believe it was $2.45/gal

19. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Sounds like price gouging?

20. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

Well report them.