Gas Stations

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by tassy, Sep 19, 2016.

1. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

Sounds like supply and demand to me. Considering every other one in the area is $2.20-30. Price gouging would be like $3-5 a gallon.

Auxie likes this.
  2. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

I'd bet individual stations are only making the same per gallon as before. they may be paying a premium to get gas at all. also, the distribution companies may be having to have their tankers go further, paying ot, paying more fuel themselves to get the gas that there is to the stations. their costs are up too.

cynadon likes this.
  3. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

I sell a product that weighs about 2200 pounds each. Many of my customers think they are getting raped on delivery charges. I tell them they are welcome to come get it. "well, I don't have a truck that big." Pay for delivery then! Big trucks are expensive to own and operate.

4. certdude

certdude Well-Known Member

They had on the news other night delivery charges are 20-30 cents right now as they are trucking from Savannah for the most part (gas port there). If its 3 dollars or over, then its gouging.

5. cynadon

You can go to Savanna and back 1 time a day. I bet they make at least 3, probably 4 loads a day from selma.

6. kevinsmithii

kevinsmithii Well-Known Member

Yea I run three loads average a night from Selma. Went to Wilmington two nights this week and with the lines I had to wait in 1 load each night. There were 30 to 40 trucks there all night.

7. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Truckers and a few other have it bad during this situation.

I had a little over a half of a tank when this mess all started and I haven't bothered trying to go to a gas station. I still have about a quarter of a tank. People be trippin'

Auxie and cynadon like this.
  8. cynadon

Harvey, I saw a fellow last Friday fill his truck and three 55 gallon drums at Howard's. I wonder if he bought bread and milk in case it snowed too?

Auxie and Rockyv58 like this.
  9. 1_more_PitBull

1_more_PitBull Well-Known Member

Which may be smart.. Gas is going to keep going up. Howards was $2.09 on Sunday when I filled up, and is now $2.29 which is still cheaper than Sandhus at $2.45

Rockyv58 likes this.
  10. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Seems excessive, but maybe he needed it. Meanwhile some poor sap who works in Durham needs two full tanks a week just to get to work and pick up the kids on the way home.

11. jesse82nc

I use 7 gallons a day commuting to and from work every day. Not all of us have short commutes or vehicles that get good gas mileage. I usually fill up every other day or so.

Rockyv58 likes this.
  12. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Sandhu's at Guy/Amelia was $2.29 this morning when I went by.

13. Webmaster

Webmaster Administrator

Auxie and Sherry A. like this.
  14. 1_more_PitBull

1_more_PitBull Well-Known Member

Yeah I seen he came back down on my way home yesterday.

15. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

I know. Those people are the problem. Panicking and topping off their tanks so those who need it (you) are having extra difficulty. I was lucky enough to have a little over half a tank when it all started so I just rode it out. Finally filled up late last night for $2.11

16. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Thank you for posting this and thank you to Attorney General Roy Cooper.

Sherry

Auxie likes this.
  17. jesse82nc

As a "minor prepper", I always keep at least 30-40 gallons on hand at my house and rotate through the stock to keep it fresh. So the gas shortage was no big deal for me. I even made a profit selling some of my 93 octane to a friend that needed it for his car (modified sports car that was specifically tuned to run only on 93). :D

Between 3 vehicles, an ATV, large riding mower, generator, chainsaw, edger, blower, and other stuff, I go through gas pretty quick at home.

Rockyv58 likes this.
  18. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

Where was it you lived??

19. Auxie

Auxie Well-Known Member

Meet you a block away ;) with my siphoning hose! :rolleyes:
    I'll be in my blue BMW Convertible.o_O

Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
    Hught likes this.
  20. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member