Dairy

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Rockyv58, Oct 10, 2016.

1. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Anyone know where to get dairy or frozen items? Wal mart and Food lion had to empty all their cases due to the power outage

2. ROUTER

ROUTER Well-Known Member

Clayton stores did not lose power

Auxie likes this.
  3. Rockyv58

Thank you captain obvious, I had already figured that. But I was looking for someone who may of already found a store that had power. :)

4. molly2008

molly2008 Well-Known Member

I am confused. What is your question? Stores in Clayton itself did not lose power so they are stocked. It's really not that far from 4042. o_O. Walmart on 70, Compare Foods downtown, Food Lion on 70, Lowes Foods on 70, Harris Teeter at Flowers, Food Lion on 42 and at Riverwood. Surely to goodness one of those has what you are seeking. Any number of the convenience stores on 42 should have a gallon of milk or a dozen eggs. Or here is an idea.........pick up the phone? Just a thought.

5. Rockyv58

Clayton downtown? I live out in the 40/42 area. When I went to both Walmart and Food lion on 42 they had emptied their entire refrigerator/freezer areas due to the black out. Wal mart was not sure when they would be restocked

6. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

So someone gives you good info you asked for and you go captain obvious on them,, Really?
    And you back that up by stating you were looking for someone who may have found a store with power..
    Well hey captain obvious,, Router gave you exactly what you asked for. Geez.

7. BuzzMyMonkey

And?? What point are you trying to make now?
    Carry your butt down to Clayton where they've had power and pick one of many stores there for your eggs and milk.

8. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Just be sure you boil it first.

Rockyv58 likes this.
  9. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

what in the world is your problem? you asked a question, and was told where their is milk. question asked, answer given, and not in a rude way. your response was very rude.

10. BuzzMyMonkey

It made no sense whatsoever...

11. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

The Lowes Foods off Shotwell and 70 never lost power and is fully stocked. It's like 5 minutes from 40/42

Rockyv58 likes this.
  12. poppin cork

poppin cork Well-Known Member

Rocky's a liberal guys. Somebody should do it for him. LOL:D

13. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Folks remember this is a high stress situation for folks and as a result some folks may not respond the way they normally will.

Per wife last night it might be another week before power will be on at my house and my in-laws, Sunday night tempers were already flaring.

poppin cork and Rockyv58 like this.
  14. Rockyv58

Thank you. That was all I was looking for. Someone who had found a place where their coolers were not emptied. Like most people I don't have the time or gas money to go from store to store to store....etc.
    I figure if anyone had found stores that were stocked it would help us all

I hope it comes on sooner than a week for you

Auxie likes this.
  15. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Thank you Sir! I wasn't around for it but during Fran they went 2 weeks without. We will be buying a generator in the future.

Rockyv58 likes this.
  16. Rockyv58

I had only been here about 3 months when Fran hit. I remember not having power for several days. I was living in Raleigh off of Glenwood. One of the neighbors in the complex had bought a generator for his work. He took it out and started it up so we could plug in coffee makers so we could all at least have coffee. When he finally got it started, it turned out that the outlet wasn't working. (and in my best soup Nazi voice) No coffee for you. LOL

Hught and poppin cork like this.
  17. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

I've got one for sale if you (or anyone else) is looking for one. It's a Briggs and Stratton Storm Responder 5500 running watt, 8250 starting watt generator - http://www.lowes.com/pd/Briggs-Stratton-5500-Running-Watts-Portable-Generator/3516084
    It's about 5 years old, powered most of my house through several outages over the year, starts on the first pull usually. For reference in my house (1800 sq ft), it powers all my lights, tvs, fridge, microwave, well pump, and a window AC or space heater. I can't power my central AC in addition to all that with it, but it has never been an issue.
    Looking for $600, have it posted on several sites.

If you are looking for a Generator to run most of or all of your house, 5000W is where I would start. You can put in a transfer panel yourself for about $300 in parts, or $1000 or so for an electrician to do it.

18. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

I put an 8 KV in the last house we built but never got around to hooking up at this house. Lost the items in the fridge but only because I did not put any dry ice in to keep it cold as I did with the freezer. For a whole house install I just had a main breaker/disconnect so I could isolate the house from the grid and then feed the house circuits through a pair of 100 amp breakers. Was more simple than the panel and everything is powered not just the specific circuits on the transfer panel. It cannot be an automatic system, but I did not want one.

19. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

My home should be happier when I get home Saturday, wife called and the predictions were wrong, we just got power! :)

cynadon and Rockyv58 like this.
  20. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

wayne, where you buy dry ice from around here?