anyone catch that army chopper?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by sirputz, Oct 11, 2016.

1. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

At @12:15 today an army helicopter circled several times above approximately Norris Rd and Barber Mill. close to Charlie Lane (it looked to be just one street over closer to barber mill) before it flew off to who knows where. I assume it is in rescue efforts, but that area didn't flood (barber mill did at gov't, but they were well away from that area.)and there's no water there for it to have risen....just curious what they were looking for

Maybe they were scouting for a place to put six flags.....

Hught likes this.
  2. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

Looking for hippie lettuce.

3. 1_more_PitBull

1_more_PitBull Well-Known Member

It flooded on Steel Bridge Road bad. Water was up and around 2 houses.

4. sirputz

Okay, but they circled well away from Steel bridge rd a good 1/2 mile. i am sure they could see damage from the air, but why not fly overtop of it.

And just now in Cary, i saw two military choppers following a white and green luxury chopper. was Obama in town today? It looked like Marine 1.

Auxie likes this.
  5. 1_more_PitBull

1_more_PitBull Well-Known Member

There is no telling. I seen a white and black one around white oak... and it was hauling tail!

6. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Obama was in NC today so it is a possibility you saw what you saw.

Auxie likes this.
  7. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

Water level dropped quickly in that area and road was reopened (at least unofficially) by late Monday morning.

8. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

9. cranky

cranky Well-Known Member

May have been a FEMA flyover for damage assessment. They do that to establish if we are eligible for disaster relief and other classifications.

10. sirputz

That sounds reasonable.

And i bet i did see Obama fly over.... lucky me

Auxie likes this.