Flowers Plantation

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Hannah Bowers, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Hannah Bowers

Hannah Bowers Member

Hi Everyone! I didn't see a place to introduce yourself so I am going to post a thread about the question I have with the hope that you'll can provide feedback! My family was looking at homes in the flowers plantation area and after doing research I discovered news stories about crime in that area and I wanted to see if this is as bad as it appears. The links to the specific articles are below for your reference. Thank you in advance for any info you can provide!

http://www.city-data.com/forum/raleigh-durham-chapel-hill-cary/2291720-meth-problem-clayton.html

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/community/clayton-news-star/article55959175.html

http://www.wral.com/johnston-author...ck-cars-following-rash-of-break-ins/15678164/

panthersdude2001 likes this.
  2. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Flowers Plantation is a safe community. One of the articles you reference a Wake County resident was chased from Clayton area. The meth problem is east of Flowers. Not a Flowers Plantation that I know about. The car break-ins occurred in both Wake and Johnston County. I believe those arrested were from Wake Forest.

Sherry A. likes this.
  3. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

You have a county sheriff police force since it is not inside Clayton town limits. They do a good job, but maybe spread a little thin considering the county's growth in the last few decades. Add this to Flowers being a tad remote and affluent then some unsavory types might see this as easy pickings, I guess. I have a similar problem where I live. My two cents.

4. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

If you live in the area already, you can't leave a car or door unlocked anywhere around here, doesnt matter where you are. But Flowers is one of the nicer parts of JoCo, no big concerns of crime within the Flowers neighborhoods.

If you dont live in the area, I wouldn't move here if I were you, it's horrible. My house and car get broken in to every day. They steal my stuff and build meth labs in there. They even turned my dog in to a car stealing meth addict.

sirputz, Hught, Tardevil and 3 others like this.
  5. Hannah Bowers

Hannah Bowers Member

Thanks for the feedback everyone! After really scouring the broader area of the triangle and getting a lot of feedback from locals, I'm surprised at how highly priced the homes are in flowers plantation.

6. MamaApe

MamaApe Well-Known Member

Depending on what areas in Flowers you are looking, they are a very protective community meaning it is gated, security, private roads, private sewer & water etc with no city taxes, these are a few of the reasons I believe the community has done so well. In addition they have many community events, sports teams, concert series etc. So it is a different type of living than just ordinary subdivisions. If you are not interested in the amenities it probably does seem higher priced, it all depends on what you are looking for. I am not aware of any major crimes & I work in the area frequently. Hope this helps!

7. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

AND.......there's a great (kinda) new restaurant/ local tavern in Parkway Village, across from Food Lion, behind Dr. Riccobene -TAVERN 42. Fantastic food, great beverage selection, warm inviting atmosphere, and nice friendly folks!!!

Sherry A. and BuzzMyMonkey like this.
  8. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

Cheers.

Auxie and dgsatman like this.
  9. Hannah Bowers

Hannah Bowers Member

Thanks MamaApe! Private roads and water/sewer can have its advantages I guess but in the end the homeowners are paying for those services/maintenance in some form or fashion, likely more than if they were just taxed. I imagine road maintenance can be pretty expensive!

Auxie likes this.
  10. MamaApe

MamaApe Well-Known Member

There is a capital contribution everyone pays if you buy in the FP village to maintain the roads and hopefully avoid future assessments. Hope this helps.

11. 101ABNVET

101ABNVET New Member

New to this site overall, clicking around and found items on Flowers. Great place!

12. Auxie

Auxie Well-Known Member

Do they have an HOA like most of our Communities? If so, how much are the dues?
    YEP. This Site is a great place and so are most of our Communities.

13. panthersdude2001

panthersdude2001 Well-Known Member

Okay, I don't live in Clayton, but did go see a house in Lee Woods. Flowers Plantation is not as bad as you think. It is owned by Royal Oaks, and 127 Homes. Go to https://homefacts.com to see more about the Crime rate.

14. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

Does give you pause, but it’s much safer in that neighborhood now, ever since they arrested this awful meth-addicted, car stealing, dog.

3574026D-E44F-4214-8DA9-C01A9670B3BF.jpeg

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019