Snow

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Rockyv58, Jan 11, 2016.

1. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

Throw on the studded tires, u be ok.

Rockyv58 likes this.
  2. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I wish I had a set. I'd even through on a set of chains if I had them. BTW do they even sell studded tires here in NC? :)

3. BuzzMyMonkey

Lol. I doubt it. A lot of states ban them.

4. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

Studded tires are allowed under NC law. "Permitted if not projected more than 1/16 inch when compressed."

It would be better though to get siped tires for use in NC as they would be useful for a larger part of the year.
    http://tires.tirerack.com/tires/Siping

Alternatively, if you call around, you might find a tire place that will Sipe your current tires for you, generally about $10-20 per tire.

5. BuzzMyMonkey

Get Ready,,, Beer, Milk, Bread, Eggs, chili stuff, gas.

6. jesse82nc

Looking like at least an inch for our area (up to 2-3 though), but it will stay below freezing until Tuesday around 11am. So anything on the ground will stay frozen or at least re-freeze each night.

upload_2017-1-4_8-16-19.png

15877958_561290757619_2021653035_o.jpg

tassy likes this.
  7. certdude

certdude Well-Known Member

Do not like this forecast, as Im suppose to drive to Kinston saturday. Guess Im not doing that.

8. ECAVE

ECAVE Well-Known Member

There are two upshots to this.....Right now it is warm so if it comes it wont last long....and they are talking about it a lot. When this happens, it always misses us. But when they blow it off, we get dumped on. Lol

Rockyv58 likes this.
  9. jesse82nc

Totals updated for Clayton to 3-5". It's supposed to stay below 32F (freezing) from about midnight on Friday night through about noon on Tuesday. Dropping as low as about 8F.
    upload_2017-1-4_16-31-33.png

tassy and MommyMo1011 like this.
  10. certdude

certdude Well-Known Member

Its warm today, but its suppose to get to 40s rest of week, and stay cold like jesse states most of next week. So its not going to melt at all once it comes.

Rockyv58 likes this.
  11. BuzzMyMonkey

6-10". Fish tailing, doughnuts and bumper riding. If a bumper can be found these days.

12. jesse82nc

Storm totals have been increased once again for our area, most stating closer to 5-6" for northern JoCo now, with 6+ for northeastern Wake County.

tassy likes this.
  13. jesse82nc

upload_2017-1-5_8-25-49.png

tassy likes this.
  14. jesse82nc

upload_2017-1-5_8-36-53.png

tassy likes this.
  15. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.....

Thanks for keeping the updates rolling in Jesse!!

16. jesse82nc

Just trying to provide as many sources as possible. Should be all snow for the most part for us, so no big worry about power outages at least.

upload_2017-1-5_9-3-48.png

17. BuzzMyMonkey

Still 6-10".
    Maybe it'll turn into a nor'easter and dump a plenty snow on us. 14+".

18. jesse82nc

upload_2017-1-5_10-38-18.png

Auxie likes this.
  19. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

On my way home from Wake Med Cary. I noticed that a lot of the roads have been brined. But once I got off at exit 312 I noticed 42 was not brined, nor was Cleveland School Road. I guess they will be done today. But one thing I have noticed over the years is they do not brine the roads Connecting Cleveland School Road to Polenta. Also they do not brine Polenta. I figured they would at least now do Polenta since there is a High School there

20. Smithers

Smithers Well-Known Member

I don't think the high school would have anything to do with whether a road gets brined or plowed. If there's any snow remaining on the roads Monday (which I'm sure there will be), school will probably be cancelled for the whole county.

Rockyv58 likes this.