Snow

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Rockyv58, Jan 11, 2016.

1. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

I think the bigger problem is going to be ice on the bridges and some roads on Monday.

2. certdude

certdude Well-Known Member

Not sure where you were looking but the Fuquay side of 42 @ 40 had been done when I went through there at 8am this morning.

My thoughts exactly. I just let my boss know I may not be in Monday especially as I work in Cary (most coworkers and boss live and work in Cary, so different driving expectations.)

3. jesse82nc

Back to 1-3" now lol

upload_2017-1-5_16-44-48.png

4. jesse82nc

Forecast says 1-12" officially, but this is what they say is most likely:
    snow.JPG

5. jesse82nc

Morning update from the NWS
    snow.JPG

6. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Well to the post you were referencing It was the part of 42 from the McDonald's to the Walgreens\CVS intersection.
    Last night I topped off my gas at the Speedway and went on 42 in the other direction and still did not see any brining lines on 42 from Cracker Barrel up to Cornwallis. No Brining lines on Cornwallis or on Cleveland school Road.

7. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

There'll be nothing to do 'sept ride four wheelers, eat chilli and make babies!

Rockyv58 likes this.
  8. jesse82nc

WRAL is saying around the 3-5" range for our area. I think at least a solid 2" is a good bet at a minimum.

upload_2017-1-6_9-28-54.png

9. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Just called my agency and took myself off the schedule for tomorrow. going to sit in front of the fireplace and drink a nice icy cold beer. MMMM

BobF likes this.
  10. jesse82nc

11. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Opposite route, checking myself into a hotel near the airport tonight so I can catch my Monday flight, that is if they don't cancel it.

Sherry A. likes this.
  12. certdude

certdude Well-Known Member

My bad, went back through last night, they had only done the ramps and the overpass. Not 42 proper.

That said, as of 12noon today they had done 42. They also had done 210 (was down there a bit later). So its done now. Guess they were just running behind on this side of the county.

13. Auxie

Auxie Well-Known Member

Today from 210 to 42 Cleveland Road has been brined. At 10:00 today when I first went down, it hadn't been brined.
    If we get 2" of snow, the schools will be closed for a week or more.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
    Rockyv58 likes this.
  14. jesse82nc

Most recent update with some notes. Also placed a red dot at the 40/42 interchange for those map impaired :)
    snow.JPG

15. jesse82nc

Well that was a wash lol. This is NWS's updated map from this morning, and a photo of my front lawn (off Government and 42). Maybe half a inch.
    snow.JPG

15965477_561407553559_479099788720787216_n.jpg

Auxie likes this.
  16. barney726

barney726 Well-Known Member

sleet and freezing rain. ugh.

17. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Home in Sampson county has lost power already this morning, figure it was a tree weakened by Matthew taking out the power-line.
    Naturally the Father-In-Law stated yesterday that he was low on propane and they did fill him up yet.

18. jesse82nc

19. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Stay safe, my friend

poppin cork and Hught like this.
  20. Auxie

Auxie Well-Known Member

Already saw these in an e.Mail.