Offer to Donate Property for Cleveland Park

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by barney726, Feb 10, 2017.

1. barney726

barney726 Well-Known Member

Michael smith likes this.
  2. certdude

certdude Well-Known Member

My question is why is the county not accepting this? The way I am reading it, they are making a mess of accepting it.

3. poppin cork

poppin cork Well-Known Member

As far as I know they are accepting it.

4. Auxie

Auxie Well-Known Member

Read about it in todays newspaper.

5. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I hope I am not alone on this but would like to see part of it as a dog park

Auxie likes this.
  6. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

Maybe they ought to give the land to CAA. CAA needs ball fields. JoCo has no parks and rec division. If the county spends money for one community, why not every community that holds their hand out.

I'm for it and I live closer than most of you. I'm just concerned where the $$$ comes from. Why not spend the $$$ in southern JoCo next time?

The lady offering the land said she wants a community park for all, not just ball fields. But I'd bet that sentiment ain't chiseled in stone, since it's a tax write off in the end.

Main concern is who pays for what?

Rockyv58 likes this.
  7. ROUTER

ROUTER Well-Known Member

Sounds like she is looking for someone to build the park so that her subdivision will have a nice amenity at no cost to her. I might be wrong about that, but it seems suspicious. I doubt she will let them build ball fields on it because she really wants it to be a park for the neighborhood she is planning to build.

Michael smith and cynadon like this.
  8. certdude

certdude Well-Known Member

Which doesnt bring tons of added traffic, which a ballfield-type park will.

Michael smith and cynadon like this.
  9. poppin cork

Is she the builder? If she's not it wouldn't matter to her if they sell the houses or not. She sold the land, right?

10. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

Duke Energy is going to be building a substation near that intersection. I'd guess she wants to unload it since she won't be able to sell it.

cynadon likes this.
  11. cynadon

go to the meeting 2-28 (i think).

12. ROUTER

ROUTER Well-Known Member

She hasn't sold it yet. Probably would increase the value if you are building a subdivision across from the only park in the area.

13. poppin cork

Got it. Thanks

14. OutdoorPlay

OutdoorPlay Well-Known Member

This would be a great for the community. This would be a great place to exercise, run, just take your children out for a bike ride or picnic or like Rocky said "a dog park" I agree it shouldn't have anymore ball fields because not every family can use the ballfield whenever they want and the added cost of field maintenance and lights. No matter what type of park it will cost the county money. If the county approves it then it should be a park for everyone and not a select few. I think the landowner thinking in the right direction.

Michael smith, ROUTER and Rockyv58 like this.
  15. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

I'd like to see something like a skate park, or RC car track to add to the general park amenities.

16. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

I vote for park and/or ball fields because this will be the most benefit to the most people, but this requires money that JoCo won't allocate or doesn't have because 'low taxes' beats all. At some point the county is going to have to put it's big-boy pants on and realize this amount of people will require infrastructure and amenities and that costs money.

Michael smith and Rockyv58 like this.
  17. Michael smith

Michael smith Active Member

I'm all in favor for a park!

18. 1_more_PitBull

1_more_PitBull Well-Known Member

I'm in favor for it IF they do work on the intersection. It needs a light and turn lanes added if they put a park at it. Then again I have never seen a park at a intersection for the simple fact it can be dangerous.

19. cynadon

They will have to fix the intersection. I have seen many crashes and at least 3 fatalities.

1_more_PitBull and Rockyv58 like this.
  20. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member