R.I. P. Lou Reed

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Sherry A., Oct 27, 2013.

1. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

What a talented man.

Sherry

2. Sherry A.

Did Lou Reed get a liver transplant because he had hep C?

Sherry

3. Sherry A.

4. Sherry A.

Lou Reed and Rachel.

[​IMG]

5. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

He takes up a major portion of my music player, and youth, I hope Laurie is hanging in there! :cry:

6. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

7. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

A lovely memory from his wife,

Laurie Anderson

8. Sherry A.

Wow, thanks for posting this Hugh.

Sherry

9. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Auxie likes this.
  10. Sherry A.

11. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

By coincidence I am in New Your City through Saturday morning, unfortunately I am buried in work and I doubt it is fully available anyways at this time.

Lou Reed's archives acquired by New York Public Library
    [​IMG]
    On what would have been Lou Reed's 75th birthday today, his widow Laurie Anderson announced that the New York Public Library has acquired the musician's complete archives. To celebrate, the NYPL is hosting displays and events celebrating Reed's life and work. Details here. Meanwhile, the good people at indie record label and publisher Anthology tweeted that they will work with the library and Reed's representatives "to publish new works!" From the NYPL:

The Lou Reed Archive includes:

• Original manuscript, lyrics, poetry and handwritten tai-chi notes • Photographs of Reed- including artist prints and inscriptions by the photographers • Tour itineraries, agreements, road manager notes & paperwork • 600+ hours of live recordings, demos, studio recordings and interviews • Reed’s own extensive photography work • Album, book, and tour artwork: mock-ups, proofs and match-prints • Lou Reed album and concert posters, handbills, programs, and promotional items • Lou Reed press for albums, tours, performances, books, and photography exhibits • Fan mail • Personal collections of books, LPs and 45s

The collection documents collaborations, friendships, and relationships with Delmore Schwartz, Andy Warhol, John Cale, Maureen Tucker, Sterling Morrison, Mick Rock, Robert Quine, Sylvia Ramos, Doc Pomus, Václav Havel, Hal Willner, John Zorn, Robert Wilson, Julian Schnabel, and Laurie Anderson.

More at the New York Times: "Lou Reed Archives Head to New York Public Library"

Auxie and Sherry A. like this.
  12. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

It has finally opened!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life...ive-opens-new-york-public-library/3200658002/

Sherry A. likes this.