Pelican's sucks

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by sirputz, May 7, 2017.

1. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

Been out there three times to practice my hitting. First time, it was too wet I was told. Beautiful sunny day on Friday, but due to the nights rain, it was too wet.
    Ok fine. The girl even told me that they were too lazy to go get the tokens for the machines.
    Go back again, only one machine working. And the employee said the owner is too cheap to fix them.
    I had friends drive thirty minutes to come have fun, and we expected to be able to hit... We were sadly mistaken as only one machine was working and taken by a family of four.

Edit: two machines were functional, but no softball machines.

Daniel Murray, 919-614-0293
    Sucks as an owner.

Last edited: May 7, 2017
  2. 1_more_PitBull

1_more_PitBull Well-Known Member

I have been before and they gave me extra tokens because the machines were messed up. Some balls would drop to the ground as soon as they came out. You best bet is to go to Monster on Main St in Clayton. Yeah it's a pain cause you have to find someone to load the machine and then you have to round up all your balls to reload it again. But at least they work!!

3. sirputz

Wait, so if I went to Monster cages, I would have to reload the machine after I've hit a cycle? Is that correct?
    What am I paying them for?

4. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I've had the same experience that PitBull described where they tried to make up for the poor pitching by giving extra tokens. Its a nice gesture, but doesn't solve the issue.
    It's a bit further, but I've never had a bad experience at Grand Slam USA on Western Blvd. It's a normal batting cage and it's indoor so weather doesn't impact it. You get tokens and you bat. No self loading required.

sirputz and poppin cork like this.
  5. 1_more_PitBull

If you went to Monster you will need another person with you to feed the machine. You are paying for his machine, being indoors, & having the choice to change the speed and angle you want. I want to say its like $15 for 30mins. So if you and your buddy went in together you both will have enough time to hit for like $7.50

6. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

to use their facility, which is real nice.

1_more_PitBull likes this.
  7. sirputz

Its not $15.00. I called, I think he said $25 / 30 min, $35/hr. Either way, having to load the machine yourself is not my idea of a batting cage.

Anyone wanna put up the money to open my dream family fun park? Just need a million and a half.....

8. 1_more_PitBull

Sorry I was $5 off... this is from their web page..
    $20 for half hour.

$35 for hour
    Facility Offers:
    Tanner tees for all tunnels

Pitching mounds for all levels

Softball mats for pitching

Iron mike pitching machines

Jugs pitching machines

Atec pitching machines

Sling pitching machine

Train tools available

Batting helmets

Baseball and softball bats

9. mylittle_man

mylittle_man Active Member

If you go to Monster... make sure to call ahead... They have private lessons and teams who rent out the cages and/or tunnels.