cell phone signal booster

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Rockyv58, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Has any body ever used a cell phone signal booster at home? I get lousy cell signal at home. My home is kind of in a valley and cell signal is hit or miss

2. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

3. Lucky1

Lucky1 Well-Known Member

We have a microcell. AT&T sent it to us free after we told them we have zero bars and we were willing to go to Verizon because they had already promised us a booster if we signed with them. It makes a huge difference. We have all bars and can walk about in the yard as well. We have a landline in case the power goes out, but so far it has been perfect. Just a note...we had to go through the online account. The brick and mortar stores are useless. Good luck!

Rockyv58 likes this.
  4. Straitlover

Straitlover Well-Known Member

Wonder how much they cost? I have tracfone, so I'm betting no one will give me one, LOL. That wilsonpro page you have to call or email and ask who even sells them (so no pricing available), and the last thing i want is more junk mail/email. :(

5. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Does your phone has an option for WiFi calling? I think most of the newer phones do. I was able to set mine up without any fuss. It just connects to my router when I'm at home. Works just fine.

jesse82nc likes this.
  6. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

7. Rockyv58

Besides strengthening my cell phone signal, I have been researching home phone service. TWC is way over priced and have been meaning on cutting back on their services. Plus also every time I lose home power I lose my home phone

I thought about going to Century link, but after their introductory rate, the home phone rate will be like TWC and just keep going up. Though I wont lose home phone service during a power outage.

I looked at OOMA and Magic Jack but they both go through the cable modem. So no better than having home phone through twc when there is a power outage.

I am now looking at the Straight Talk Home phone service which goes through cellular towers. You get to keep your home phone number and when there is a power outage there should still have home phone service (with an old phone with cord). And their rate is only 15.00 a month

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
  8. Rockyv58

Lucky1. I know this may sound like a silly request, but I would like to stop by with my cell phone just to see if I get more bars. After researching some of the cell signal boosters I would hate to have to spend 250.00 to 800.00 just to find that it was not worth the $

Thanks

9. Lucky1

Lucky1 Well-Known Member

Sorry Rocky...I live about 3.5 hours away from JoCo now.

Rockyv58 likes this.
  10. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

lol

11. certdude

certdude Well-Known Member

Ive had Sprint before, they offered me an Airave free twice for different places Ive lived and a third for where I worked once. ATT I asked for one, they offered to sell me one. Ive heard mostly negative remarks on ATT offering theirs, normally requiring folks to buy it.

12. Lucky1

Lucky1 Well-Known Member

That is true about At&t. They were not keen on sending it for free at first. We had Uverse for internet when we lived in Boone and moved to a more remote location and could not even keep that service, so they were aware of the problems with connectivity in the area where we currently live. They were kind enough to send ours for free, but we have also been customers since before it was AT&T, and we had three lines on our family plan. They changed their tune when we said we would take all of our business to Verizon, which is the leader up here for cell service.