Sigh .. I get the concept but ...

Discussion in 'Cat Dog' started by JCoRes, Jun 16, 2017.

1. JCoRes

JCoRes Well-Known Member

http://jocoreport.com/courthouse-gets-new-top-dog/

As many homeless young dogs/pups available @ shelter, WHY "Purchase" from breeder?

What an example set in that part of this spectrum .. just really disturbing to me.

Any dog can be trained to be "emotional support dog" so don't understand why the people didn't put a little more though and compassion to the animal itself by saving a homeless one.

Just wanted to empty my vent tube on this.

Hught likes this.
  2. poppin cork

poppin cork Well-Known Member

Because I want a pure bred. That's why. Now you know. I also have mine fixed.

3. JCoRes

JCoRes Well-Known Member

A golden doodle OR any of those "Hybrid dogs" are Not pure bred... should do homework before getting so sarcastic but thanks for being responsible and doing the spay/neuter. Plus, there are rescues and even shelters that have "pure bred" (just pointing out - little homework can go a long way)

Also, attention paid to the post shows that I didn't ask Why they didn't so ...... thanks though for your input.

4. poppin cork

poppin cork Well-Known Member

No problem. Thanks for your dedication and love for the animals. It's takes all kinds of us in this old world.

5. OutdoorPlay

OutdoorPlay Well-Known Member

They probably wanted a puppy for the program because the puppy would be easier to train and would socialize well with children. In the long run the director of the program knows what kind of dog they have as far as temperament and less likely to cause an allergic reaction. It's not a bad statement about rescuing a dog, but it may be hard to find a dog that does not trigger allergies. Those floppy ears on the pup will cause alot of children to be at ease.