Today's Wow did I just see that?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Hught, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Oh Boy, my Christmas Vacation may start early because a construction crew cut a critical power cable to the Atlanta Airport!

2. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

3. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

4. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

I'm still here....lol

Auxie, BobF and Hught like this.
  5. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

6. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Sherry A. likes this.
  7. Auxie

Auxie Well-Known Member

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!

(Me)

8. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

I just saw your post. Were you trapped in the Christmas "blackout" at the Atlanta airport?

9. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

No I spent 7 hours at the Fayetteville airport trying to catch a connection through Atlanta, they ended up cancilling all the flights and I got 2 more days vacation! :D

10. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

11. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

12. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

My oldest niece was born in Fairbanks Alaska after her mom was airlifted from Fort Greeley. They had to lay heating pads on the helicopter engine to warm it up enough to start. That was not even the coldest temperatures either. There were two soldiers killed on the glaciers when they replaced the water in their canteen with vodka. It did not freeze line water and they thought it would keep them warmer. The vodka got so cold that the first drink froze the tissue in their throat and caused cardiac arrest due to the thermal shock.

13. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

like I said. Any farther north is too cold

14. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

It is so cold the ghost who haunted this house froze solid

[​IMG]

Auxie, BobF and Hught like this.
  15. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

16. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

And for those chapped lips from all this cold, can we get a Monty Python intro for . . .

Spam Lip Glaze

[​IMG]

Auxie likes this.
  17. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Auxie likes this.
  18. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Auxie and BobF like this.
  19. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

20. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Our very own Sheldon . . .

Julia Nepper has been on an educational fast track since before she was a teen.
    She began college at age 11 and graduated with two associate degrees from Cape Fear Community College in Wilmington at age 14, as reported by the Star-News. She went on to complete a bachelor's degree at UNC-Wilmington at age 16, according to WECT.

Now, at age 23, people can call her "doctor."

Nepper added a doctorate from the University of Wisconsin to her resume earlier this month.

— Julia Nepper (@DietDrNepper) December 17, 2017
    "Most of the people I've met in my life could have done what I did if they had the right support," Nepper told WECT. "I don't fault my parents pushing me, with regards to my education. Clearly, I could handle it and it worked. So they must have done something right."

Nepper tried time in public middle and high schools after being home schooled, but they didn't let her advance grade levels as fast as her family would have liked, according to the Star-News. That led to her enrolling at Cape Fear, where her father had to accompany his daughter to classes because of her young age.

Now that her days as a doctoral student are behind her, Nepper told WECT she's weighing her career options.

"I've been in college most of my life and I haven't really been in the real world," she told the TV station. "It's exciting but actually scary to go out and get a job."

Aaron Moody - News & Observer, Raleigh, N.C. - Saturday, December 30, 2017

Auxie likes this.