Missing the discussion here!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by pcroom, Feb 6, 2018.

1. pcroom

pcroom Well-Known Member

Where has everybody gone? Sure do miss the many discussions we used to have. Pat

Auxie and cynadon like this.
  2. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

evidently gone to the political pit to play grab a$$. I know you are. What am I.

Make 10 post in 15 minutes answering yourself.

I sure do wish we could talk about Cleveland Community.

How about the athletic park?

poppin cork and BuzzMyMonkey like this.
  3. poppin cork

poppin cork Well-Known Member

Yep.

4. lgb0250

lgb0250 Well-Known Member

Survey crew was back at Cornwallis and Shiloh/Josephine again yesterday. Rolled down my window and asked them what they were surveying and they said for either a light or roundabout coming to that intersection!

Sure hope it’s not a roundabout. During certain times of the day people coming off of Josephine/Shiloh may never be able to get out! But then again, idiots blow through that intersection everyday so if stop signs won’t stop them I doubt a light will. Maybe the roundabout is a better idea!

Ah, the joys growth brings.

Auxie likes this.
  5. cynadon

I heard its a gonna be a circle.

6. PoohBear

PoohBear Well-Known Member

I believe we had over a 100 individuals signed in at one time on this Discussion Board a number of years ago. Not the same anymore. personally I miss those days although some of the comments were nasty.

cynadon likes this.
  7. cynadon

At least 3 of our proliferate posters ain't from here.

8. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I lived and still own a home off of Government Road. Wife worked for the city of Clayton and still has many friends there.

I also prefer 4042 over where my wife lives now, although still in North Carolina.

Sherry A. likes this.
  9. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

A lot of people are on FB now. I miss civil conversations about whatever on here and laughs

Auxie and Hught like this.
  10. lgb0250

lgb0250 Well-Known Member

Another trivial piece of information. Was driving past the old Chops Steakhouse location yesterday and noticed a Real Estate Auction sign on the property. Maybe we will see something there, someday.

Auxie likes this.
  11. Auxie

Auxie Well-Known Member

I think that a round-a-bout is the most STUIPD road device! Even worse that speed bumps.
    But that's just my thought.

12. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

Love circles! We need more of those here, keeps the traffic flowing and doesn't require everyone to come to a full stop, especially when there is light traffic.

13. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

14. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

First time I saw them eas in England, i just did the complete circle about 5 times, to torque the wife off.

It worked

Wayne Stollings and Rockyv58 like this.
  15. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

The problem with roundabouts here is that people do not know how to use them because they never had experience with them. Then again they cannot merge, stop at stop signs, comprehend how a yield sign works, understand that slower traffic is supposed to sty in the right lanes, realize car have turn signals, be able to turn off the road and stop rather than stop in the road and turn, grasp that you get into the turn lane and slow down rather than drift into the turn lane as you slow to a stop, do not text while driving, try to drive while talking on the phone they are holding (prevents the use of other controls), driving well below the speed limit, etc. etc., which is supposedly taught to all drivers everywhere

Auxie likes this.
  16. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

17. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

I know of a couple of places this should be used. Single lane road where turning left means one car (or two if one runs the light) goes through each light cycle because half or more the cars are turning left and oncoming traffic is too heavy.

Rockyv58 likes this.
  18. cranky

cranky Well-Known Member

Not to overlook the obvious, but how are people that are new to the area ever going to know about this website? I lived here for a few years and didn't know about it until I saw a sign on the side of the road down at McDonalds @ 42. I didn't have any local connections when I moved here to tell me about it, my kids weren't in school yet etc. it may just be a recruitment issue.

Hught likes this.
  19. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

The political pit ??? LOL.
    It recently has evolved into the stupid pit.

poppin cork and cynadon like this.
  20. BobF

BobF Well-Known Member

Well, yeah, but just like a demolition derby, sometimes stupid and destructive can also be fun to watch...or even drive around in.

Some of us are funny that way. ;)

Sherry A. likes this.