Clayton "subdivision fee"

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by certdude, Mar 16, 2018.

1. certdude

certdude Well-Known Member

2. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

They already charge fee upon fee upon fee. They are just called something differently.

Town of Clayton - Major Preliminary Subdivision Plat Fee - $400.00 + $5.00 per lot.
    Town of Clayton - Major Final Plat Application Fee - $250.00 + $5.00 per lot

Johnston County - Major Subdivision Application Fee - 3-7 lots ($250 + $12.50 per lot), 8+ lots ($1000.00 + $18.75 per lot).

Those are just "application fee's" so when they say they dont collect any monies for subdivisions, that is not the case.

Auxie likes this.
  3. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Wow. Never knew the fees were so high! That is sure to offset the impact. *smh*

4. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

No one said they were high fees, though those are the fees just to get started. Was saying that they do collect planning fees to counter the OP's post.

5. ricks99

ricks99 Well-Known Member

The NC General Assembly decided to eliminate impact fees as part of HB436 last year.

6. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

Ne
    you should see the cost of water tap fees, sewer tap fees. they are crazy high.

7. WadeCorbett

WadeCorbett Well-Known Member

$2,700 per lot for sewer in Johnston County.

8. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

And how much per month after that?

You can put in a septic system for around that cost, and not have a monthly fee. A good system can last decades without any extra costs if you follow basic septic rules.

I am so glad I have septic and well, I would never want to pay someone else for such basic utilities.

9. WadeCorbett

WadeCorbett Well-Known Member

A standard septic system will cost at minimum $5,000 and can increase substantially from there. A repair system on many of the lots in Johnston County can cost upwards of tens of thousands of dollars because of the layouts of some of the repair areas in Johnston County. This is something that I wish was disclosed prior to the purchase of a home with septic to purchasers. When you add this cost together with properly maintaining and pumping a septic, I would wager the costs nearly equal each other out. The biggest difference in sewer and septic truly is the lot size.