Hurricane Florence

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Sherry A., Sep 9, 2018.

1. 1_more_PitBull

1_more_PitBull Well-Known Member

I had no clue! Thanks for the info Wayne. My sister used lamps as her center pieces for her wedding back in 2005 so we all kept them.

2. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

My older son used candles for the center piece. He also had a signature drink of a flavored moonshine. There was some waste as people discovered that the moonshine could be used to spray out a cloud that could be ignited by the candles like a fire breather. My son got a kick out of it but his new wife and my old wife made me stop showing how to do it before someone got hurt. As if a bunch of drunk guys in kilts would do something to get hurt at a wedding.

3. 1_more_PitBull

1_more_PitBull Well-Known Member

That is tooooooo funny! And to think we only had Keg stands at my sisters, how boring are we??? :D

4. Wayne Stollings

He had this huge fireplace to make smores and that devolved into the fire breathing thing. Although the piper did have a hand in it by doing half a dozen moonshine shot toasts with the groomsmen. Fortunately that was after the cake cutting where they used my two handed Claymore as the knife.

5. Auxie

Auxie Well-Known Member

iT ALSO SMELLS LIKE...KEROSENE!

6. High Plains Drifter

High Plains Drifter Well-Known Member

Your old wife? that explains you living on this board 24/7.

Auxie likes this.
  7. Wayne Stollings

Sorry to confuse you, but the comparison was of length of marriage one being married on that day and the other several years earlier. A dictionary might help you out occasionally if you actually used it.

8. Wayne Stollings

Yes, it does, which is the choice .... darkness or that lovely aroma. In a pinch diesel fuel will also work but smells worse.

1_more_PitBull likes this.
  9. Auxie

Auxie Well-Known Member

Or shop ahead of time and get Lamp Oil. Some of it comes in different colors and NICE aromas.

BuzzMyMonkey likes this.
  10. Wayne Stollings

What can be nicer than the scent of burning diesel fuel on a hot muggy night? It may be a mosquito repellant as well.:D

Sherry A., Hught and poppin cork like this.
  11. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

12. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

13. Sherry A.

Some people need to lighten up right now. SMH

14. BobF

BobF Well-Known Member

Getting bad down there yet? Hoping you all stay safe and dry. Looks bad on the TV, can only imagine being there.

Auxie likes this.
  15. Auxie

Auxie Well-Known Member

Let it rain, Let it Rain, Let it Rain. As if we have a choice.

16. Sherry A.

The coastal communities have had it rough. A friend of mine has a place at the beach and a couple of hours ago they had three feet of water covering their pool, yard, dock and basement. Others have it worse. We lost power in Durham for a short time today. The power is out in portions of Johnston County. All in all I believe it could have been worse. Thanks for checking on everyone

Auxie and BobF like this.
  17. BobF

BobF Well-Known Member

Thanks, Sherry. I moved to Johnston County back in 1996 and Fran welcomed me by dropping a pine tree on my Hyundai Sonata. :eek: I know how bad it can get down where you are, glad to hear it isn't that bad.

Sherry A., Wayne Stollings and Hught like this.
  18. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Hope everyone is ok, I am stranded out of state but wife and family, between Clinton and Fayettville, are safe with only wind damage (tree fell on shed & tractor, and another shed with roof dammage).

Auxie and Sherry A. like this.
  19. Wayne Stollings

Material things can be replaced, good to know that your family is safe.

Auxie, Sherry A., BobF and 1 other person like this.
  20. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Yea! We got power again!

poppin cork and Sherry A. like this.