Chops Property

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by jlc007, May 28, 2016.

1. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

It was for sale back in 2011 for $1.7M and last year for $1M.

It's only 2.2 acres. But assessed at about $1M, with the building being $511k and the property $488k. I don't see the property being worth that.

Auxie likes this.
  2. poppin cork

poppin cork Well-Known Member

I don't think so either. Evidently nobody with the means to purchase it thinks so.

3. Auxie

Auxie Well-Known Member

You doubt our County Tax Assessor?
    It does look like a nice building from the outside, but I wonder what the value will be in another 7 years.

4. jesse82nc

It's been vacant for what, 8 years? It must at the least be a bit dated inside. All of the equipment in there is at least 10 years old and has not been used in the past 8. It's not terribly big, I just don't see half a million in that building. And I don't think that area supports $200k an acre.

Auxie likes this.
  5. WadeCorbett

WadeCorbett Well-Known Member

It's worth mentioning that the two, 1 acre parcels adjacent to this property sold in 2012 for $210,000. The adjacent, smaller building sold for $600,000 in 2016.

lgb0250 likes this.
  6. youwish2bme

youwish2bme Well-Known Member

I think it's funny that so many people think they know what the owner values the property at. It's obvious that the Owner of the property sees it as an investment that he/she is not willing to let go of at a price that is not what they want. If the property owner is not worried about a $1M asset I'm sure those posting can't see the opportunity available...

7. gdogg79

gdogg79 Well-Known Member

We noticed a SOLD sign today. Any updates?

8. Maureen Howard

Maureen Howard New Member

the owner wanted over 800K for the place. No one would touch it because it is so out of date. Supposedly, there are offices of a builder going in there. All the restaurant stuff including tables and chairs were sold at auction.

9. WadeCorbett

I heard it was going to be a late-night entertainment venue/club..

Auxie likes this.
  10. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

I sure hope not. A club at that intersection, which already suffers traffic issues, between 2 churches and a daycare?

11. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

Pure Silver?

12. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

You mean pure Aluminium

Wayne Stollings likes this.
  13. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Does anyone know the content of the public hearing that's scheduled? I assume it's to rezone it, but into what?

Auxie likes this.
  14. Auxie

Auxie Well-Known Member

When is the Hearing scheduled?

15. jesse82nc

16. WadeCorbett

It went in front of Planning last month. Should be in the minutes.

17. jesse82nc

Case 18-23 - Rezoning Petition – General Business Special Use District (GB-SUD) to General Business (GB).
    Owner: Crescent Properties & Development, LLC
    Applicant: Gray Wolf Property, LLC
    Acreage: 2.63 acres
    Tax ID # 06E02018A
    Mr. Marr introduced the case and referenced the information listed above.
    Mr. Wade Corbett, 104 Airport Industrial Drive, Clayton, stated it was simple, they are just trying to get the special use removed.
    Mr. Smith asked about the vacant lot to the south.
    Mr. Corbett stated that was owned by someone else.
    There was no further discussion.
    Staff recommendation is for preliminary approval.
    Upon a motion by Mr. Caldwell to approve Rezoning Case 18-23, seconded by Ms. Hackler, the Planning Board approved Rezoning Case 18-23 with a unanimous vote of 9- 0 at the November 20th, 2018 Planning Board Meeting.
    Mr. Corbett wanted to speak about the earlier conversation in regards to what realtors have to provide and disclose. The layer of VAD is a Johnston County thing, not a realtor thing and up until recently realtors wouldn’t have known that was there. That’s unreasonable, he stated. He concluded by saying he’s glad it’s on GIS now and he can see both sides and doesn’t side on either, however, his personal opinion is it should be disclosed but how that’s enforced is the issue.
    There was no further discussion.

WadeCorbett likes this.