Free Shred Event--April 6, 2019

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Concerned Person, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Concerned Person

Concerned Person Well-Known Member

Johnston County Register of Deeds is hosting a FREE SHRED EVENT. April 6, 2019--10am-1pm! Come out and join us

Attached Files:

2. Auxie

Auxie Well-Known Member

This sure sounds like a lot of fun. I can hardly wait for it!

3. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

Do you know if you can watch it be shredded right away or you just hand over boxes of personal documents to someone and hope they do what they say they will?

Hught likes this.
  4. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

A few years back I had to call one of the local bank branches about trash littering the road in front of my building and along the road on either side. I called the bank because it was old credit applications and other sensitive document which had been picked up for shredding. There were about half a dozen bankers in suits picking up every scrap of trash along that section in just a very few minutes, but if anyone had picked them up first they would have had a treasure trove of sensitive data.

Auxie likes this.
  5. mylittle_man

mylittle_man Active Member

Seems like the year we took papers to the event. They were shredding it as we unloaded it.

6. Concerned Person

Yes, they will shred it right on the spot.

Hught likes this.
  7. Concerned Person

Please let your family and neighbors know about this event. We are happy to be able to provide this service to the public. It is the Johnston County Register of Deeds' annual event.

Hught likes this.