Delivering for Amazon?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Webmaster, May 13, 2019.

1. Webmaster

Webmaster Administrator

Heard a news story today about they now have a program where they are encouraging employees to quit and form their own delivery companies to handle the "final mile" deliveries. With the new distribution center going up on Garner, was wondering how this will impact job opportunities in our area.

Are you currently doing freelance delivery for Amazon? Would like to hear about the pros/cons.....

2. Auxie

Auxie Well-Known Member

If I started my own company to make Amazon deliveries, wouldn't I receive a tax write-off for a new vehicle, fuel and mileage for it, and a garage to keep it in when I'm not making deliveries?
    I wonder how much they pay-per-mile for each delivery and any other costs they pay.

3. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

You can deduct business expenses for a business, but depending on how the business is setup the pass through to the personal income tax can be somewhat limited based on the amount of income generated.

4. ricks99

ricks99 Well-Known Member

Generally, it also depends on how much the car is used for business purposes. For example, if you drive 10K miles, but only 1K for deliveries, you'll only be allowed to deduct 10% of the costs (including depreciation).

Wayne Stollings likes this.
  5. Boston Redhead

Boston Redhead Active Member