40/42 Interchange Construction

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by jesse82nc, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Michael smith

Michael smith Active Member

Does the red dots means who will be effected??

2. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

Basically a fence.

upload_2019-5-30_19-59-59.png

Michael smith likes this.
  3. Michael smith

I’ve noticed yesterday coming back from Cary more stake pink strips along Cleveland rd on the left hand side apparently it those homes that will be effected by this.

4. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

so this looks like as you come off 40 east you will be able to turn into McDonalds/food lion street, but to get back on 40 you would go around to the DQ and turn left. is that correct?

5. jesse82nc

Yes correct, the light at McD's goes away, it becomes a right turn FROM 42 only. A new light gets installed at Technology Road. It's worse for BK, I think a lot of people will cut through the gas station to get back on 42 (same for McD's)

6. markfnc

it'll be tough for BK. travelers will have to make the big loop to get in there.

7. 1_more_PitBull

1_more_PitBull Well-Known Member

From the looks of what was posted earlier, I don't think you can get to the gas station by McD's from Glenn Rd. I think it shows that driveway is going to be closed.

8. jesse82nc

you are correct, but you can from BK
    upload_2019-6-26_20-56-12.png

9. markfnc

Wow, I didn't even think abut getting out of Burger King. To get in you would have to go 42 to Glen Rd to Tech to 42. to get out Commerce to Cleveland to 42. There will have to be a lot of sign to get you to a place and back on 40. For non locals that will be tough.

10. 1_more_PitBull

1_more_PitBull Well-Known Member

Correct. I was just going off your quote where you said "same for McD's"

11. jesse82nc

From I-40 to and from McDs:
    McDs.jpg

From I-40 to and from BK (purple would be the alternative, but the gas station probably wouldn't be happy):
    BK.jpg

1_more_PitBull likes this.
  12. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Jesse82NC
    Maybe you might know
    where Commerce meets Cleveland School Road. Are they going to Put a traffic light there?
    Since it is now down from an On/Off ramp at CSR and I-40 I would assume traffic is going to pick up and make it hard to make a Right turn on it heading east bound on CSR

13. jesse82nc

Not in the current plans.
    2019-06-28_6-57-48.jpg

Auxie likes this.
  14. Michael smith

Question: is Food lion at 40/42 is really moving down the road due to all this construction at 40/42?

15. somethingNother

somethingNother Active Member

I notice the new bridge piling at I-40 and Cleveland is also up now. That thing went up quick.

16. markfnc

None of these maps show it moving. I've not seen any construction bids for a food lion in the area, new construction or renovation.

17. markfnc

a few years ago they were talking of extending the road between Lowes and Cracker barrel onto Cleveland school rd. at West View Elem. that would have taken a lot of traffic off 42 between 40 and clev school at cvs/wal greens. now this new intersection will allow those same people to stay on the access rd from 312 exit onto clev school exit without getting off at 42. that will help.

jesse82nc likes this.
  18. jesse82nc

Same, I haven't heard anything about Food Lion moving.

19. Auxie

Auxie Well-Known Member

I think they should do both.

Rockyv58 likes this.
  20. mylittle_man

mylittle_man Active Member

It is my understanding, it will be a couple of years but Food Lion will be moving.

Auxie likes this.