40/42 Interchange Construction

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by jesse82nc, Apr 22, 2019.

1. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

Jesse82nc do you have any of these types pictures for what is going on at 40/440 (exit 301) ? They have built a new ramp support in the middle and i cant picture what they are planning.

2. Smithers

Smithers Well-Known Member

jesse82nc and markfnc like this.
  3. markfnc

thanks, yes that will fit that. i guess that's t do with more lanes needing new bridges.

jesse82nc likes this.
  4. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Here's a thought. Since Simple twist is building their own resturant on Technology Drive and there is still an open property between that and where the Club house is. Maybe Triple Barrel can build their own resturant there. Kind of make Technology Drive like a Resturant Row. You figure there is going to be a traffic light there now to acess hwy 42

markfnc, DWK and Auxie like this.
  5. kidsfly

kidsfly Well-Known Member

I'm not usually this map-challenged, but how do drivers coming from Cleveland Road, heading East on 42, get to McDonalds or any of the businesses located near McD's on Glen Road? It looks like the road is one way and I cannot find the access coming from Technology Drive.

6. markfnc

you will turn left by DQ and circle around. that's the way i go now anyway to avoid the light at the MCd.

jesse82nc and Auxie like this.
  7. kidsfly

kidsfly Well-Known Member

Thank you, Markfnc. I also drive that way, but it looked to me on the map (posted by jesse82nc) that the road is one way after the round-about and coming from McD's. I think his blue arrows to answer another poster's question is what threw me off.

8. markfnc

yep, the blue arrows were showing how you would get to and out of Burger King.

9. markfnc

Triple Barrel said they are closing on their Facebook site. Still open in Fuquay.

jesse82nc likes this.
  10. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

Honestly, of the dozen or so times I went, it was really hit or miss. I wanted to love the place, but they were not consistent at all.

11. sacosta

sacosta Well-Known Member

Just curious what’s going on with the house at 11950 Cleveland Rd? It looks like those poor folks are caught in the middle of a construction zone. I hope they are going to be forced to live between an interstate and an on-ramp!

12. jesse82nc

According to the DOT Maps, it's in the new ROW area, so they should be buying the property.

13. barney726

barney726 Well-Known Member

why would you wish this on anyone?

14. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

I would think they just mis-spoke, probably “are” was suppose to be aren’t.

poppin cork likes this.
  15. markfnc

Jesse82nc have you got any info on when the construction is expected to start at 42/Cleveland and even at food lion intersection?

16. jesse82nc

Checking with some sources on that, but I thought it was early 2021.

I did noticed a lot of new ROW acquisitions lately in that area. (the dashed blue lines).

upload_2020-11-3_9-32-29.png

markfnc likes this.
  17. jesse82nc

Per NC DOT:
    "We are still finalizing ROW in the area along NC 42 and Cleveland Road. Utility crews have started in a few locations along NC 42 for power relocations, but significant work still remains. Utility work should increase and continue over the next 6 months. Construction activities will follow and are anticipated to begin late spring 2021."

2020-11-03_12-37-18.jpg
    2020-11-03_12-39-56.jpg

upload_2020-11-3_12-41-52.png
    2020-11-03_12-42-38.jpg

Smithers and markfnc like this.
  18. Smithers

Smithers Well-Known Member

That's a lot of lots shaded as "condemned". The entire Food Lion shopping center?! Half the Lowe's Home Improvement? I wonder if they have to condemn just a small piece of the lot, they shade the whole lot as "condemned"?

19. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

They only condemn the actual land required for the ROW unless the remaining land is not economically viable as a result.

jesse82nc likes this.
  20. jesse82nc

That's what I was going to say. I think that they do that when they can't come to an agreement?