Amazon Prime drivers

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by markfnc, Sep 19, 2019.

1. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

So unprofessional compared to UPS and Fed Ex. Seem to be homeless people hired off street to drive their trucks. Good for them if they do that, but training is needed. Rude, sloppy, etc. My work where i see them is RTP area.

Old man rant:
    Things I'm going try to not do in the time i have left.
    • order anything from amazon (I have ordered sports tics on line, I've ordered amazon for work)
    • download a song
    • download a movie
    • watch a movie on my phone
    • order anything to be picked up at Wal mart.
    • Golf (I've did mini golf, never regular golf)
    • Do any social media beyond Facebook

Auxie likes this.
  2. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

FedEx ground comes a close second. We had one driver at work who could not back the truck up so he brought everything to the front desk instead of the delivery dock. He also dropped the shipping containers instead of setting them down. Finally got him trained after over a year and he was replaced.

Waiting on a delivery at my house now. Yesterday there was an "exception" and no delivery was attempted. The same thing happened the day before only the exception was made earlier into the day at noon. Supposedlybwull be delivered today.... maybe

3. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Man, now I feel old, your list looked pretty much like my life except that I have downloaded music. I have stated for a few years my objective is to die without a Facebook page but for professional reasons I am on LinkedIn and this site just to stay somewhat rooted while I am on the road.

Sherry A. and BobF like this.
  4. markfnc

I'm 55. I do have LinkedIn for work. I have downloaded 1 song as a ring tone.

Hught likes this.
  5. Auxie

Auxie Well-Known Member

6. markfnc

i don't consider 4042.com social media, but i guess it might be. I talking twitter, Instagram, snapchat etc

7. markfnc

Things I miss
    1. going to the record store
    2. going to the video store
    3. reading the paper in the morning.

8. Wayne Stollings

Looking at the new books at the book store .... not updating my e-library.

9. markfnc

I still go to the book store at lunch once a week or so, that's why that was not on my list. I still buy books at the book store, in hopes they stay around.

Hught likes this.
  10. Wayne Stollings

Yes, but the new books are not around. The number published only in e-format is large and growing steadily. The last time I visited the library the books on tape section was several times larger.

11. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I would still love to open a used book store, I know there are lots of people who still prefer the touch of a book instead of the coldness of a kindle or e reader

12. Wayne Stollings

The publisher cannot decide that they are going to just revoke your license and cause all of your books to disappear as can be the case with the e-reader companies, plus you can read a book without power but not for long with the e-reader.

Hught likes this.
  13. Auxie

Auxie Well-Known Member

I read about 1 1/2 books a week, but I get them from the Library. I don't care for kindle or any other e-reader device!!
    I listen to audiobooks when driving a long distance.