New 40/42 construction project

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by markfnc, Apr 23, 2020.

1. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

Saw this today, but it was vague.

National Retailer 19,000 sf new construction, so not renovation.
    4333 NC 42
    Garner, NC 27529

This is just past creek on right if heading from 40/42 to Clayton.
    Anyone know what national retailer this might be?

2. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

3. rrgreennc

rrgreennc Well-Known Member

4. jesse82nc

4333 should be right there where that is going.

"Steel Bridge Crossing, LLC received approval this month for a rezoning and special use permit for a 124 lot Planned Unit Development (PUD) at 4150 Highway 42 West, just west of Cornwallis Road, in the Cleveland Township."

That area is from 4000-4500 NC 42

Regardless of what it says below, that area is the 74 acre piece of land from the article. 4333 doesn't actually exist from NC records but would be in the same location.

2020-04-23_11-52-44.jpg

2020-04-23_11-56-34.jpg

5. markfnc

that size makes sense for a tractor supply. I think i posted about the tractor supply a while back, i had forgot about that.

6. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

Tractor Supply is coming in to the front part of that big tract on 42. Looks like residential behind it.

7. markfnc

I see on my estimating web site this morning that at the same location an Aldi's is coming. bidding mid May, construction start Mid June.

Smithers and Rockyv58 like this.
  8. Stinger2019

Stinger2019 Well-Known Member

Six Flags

9. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

In this economy, never. Lol

Stinger2019 likes this.
  10. markfnc

Job bids and address has changed to NC42 & Son Lan Parkway. Cant tell exactly where this will go.

11. markfnc

12. jesse82nc

My guess was across the street from Murphy Gas, but nothing shows up as a recent transaction in that area. There are a few areas roughly 2 acres in size. But that seems small for a grocery store.

I did find it interesting that the land between Murphy and Oreilly's is owned by a carwash company. And Oreilly's is owned by a Funeral company.

markfnc likes this.
  13. Smithers

Smithers Well-Known Member

WRAL links to the Triangle Business Journal, which says "...a little over 2 acres of land...on Son-Lan Parkway by the intersection with N.C. Hwy. 42 near a collection of retail plazas and east of Interstate 40."

The only thing I can find matching that is this property on Son-Lan Parkway, but I feel like that's too close to the residential. The only other thing I can think of is that they split one of the larger plots (like the one just south of what I marked), and GIS hasn't been updated yet.

upload_2020-5-27_17-36-56.png

14. jesse82nc

I looked up the other Aldi's in the area, looks like that property would be among the smallest they have ever built on. All the others in the Triangle are on 2.4-4.5 acres. That one is 2.1 acres, and has a right of way for the high voltage power lines cutting through a decent part of it. It's possible for sure, but that property is smaller than the one my house is on, and I can't imagine an Aldi's on my property with a parking lot.

15. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

is it the site above in purple?

16. jesse82nc

Yep, it shows up officially today.

2020-05-28_7-14-06.jpg

17. jesse82nc

This is the carwash coming one day:

2020-05-28_7-16-51.jpg

This is the odd one, it is Oreilly's Auto Parts, but owned by a Funeral Services company.
    2020-05-28_7-17-57.jpg

18. Smithers

Smithers Well-Known Member

Ha, I guessed correctly! What prize do I get?

19. markfnc

Jesse82NC any land owner update for the tractor supply plot? 4333 NC 42

20. jesse82nc

Nope, I did check all of those in that area, nothing recent other than a house or two nearby.