Suggestions

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Rockyv58, May 30, 2020.

1. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Spectrum Rate Increase-page-0.jpg Just got this in my mail today from Spectrum. 182.95 + fees. I only have one set hooked up with the basic. Looking for alternatives. I have two sets doing OTA and one of them has the Amazon TV on it and I don't even pay for anything I opt for all the free TV. I would to cut that Spectrum as much as possible. Thanks for any advice. And that one TV is an old Tube TV

2. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

Rocky, that rate seems pretty high. I think we pay close to $100/month for everything with Spectrum. Did you ask them if they were running a special? It doesn’t hurt to ask.

Rockyv58 and Hught like this.
  3. Rockyv58

I just got it last night after 5pm so I have not spoken to anyone yet. I plan on doing that and also looking into Century link. I would do away with the home phone but I live in kind of a valley so I only get one maybe two bars at best. If I turn around or the wind changes direction I loose cell phone signal.
    I hate having to call Spectrum. You get passed around from department to department at times.

4. High Plains Drifter

High Plains Drifter Well-Known Member

Lots of options. I just had to do this song and dance too. It sucks but look around.

Rockyv58 likes this.
  5. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

I’ll ask my husband and see what he recommends. He’s a real whizz at finding good value in these sorts of plans.

Rockyv58 likes this.
  6. Rockyv58

What things did you look into? I hear Spectrum doesn't do their dance anymore and give you a better rate if you say you are going to disconnect.

7. Rockyv58

Thanks

I figure this would be a good place for people to get ideas on what to do. I think we are all burnt out by playing these games. Why is it that they will give new customers all sorts of rewards and stuff but loyal customers are treated like red headed step children

DWK and Wayne Stollings like this.
  8. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

Rocky, here’s our monthly Spectrum bill. We have a package called “Extreme Internet” for $69.99 per month. It includes streaming services and internet. Feel free to use this bill as a bargaining chip with Spectrum to try to get a better rate for yourself. Good luck.

33963D26-EDF9-4D00-9218-6CC3B88B4D20.jpeg

Sherry A. and Hught like this.
  9. High Plains Drifter

High Plains Drifter Well-Known Member

Look into other options. Dish/Directv/ streaming options etc.

10. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

Streaming options do not work well without internet and internet is generally higher outside of a bundle.

11. Boston Redhead

Boston Redhead Active Member

If you can, go into a store. I’ve had better luck doing that than calling. The clayton one is on 70 by lowes foods.

I got pretty much the same letter. Isn’t it funny how some companies are extending deadlines or helping in other ways now but pectrum continues to increase prices...

12. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

We get about 30 channels over an antenna for free. That's plenty for most people. Just need a $30 antenna or so.

Internet should be about $65-75 from Spectrum for 200 Mbps, which is also plenty for just about anyone.

If you want more TV, check out either Hulu TV, Youtube TV, or another streaming service with live TV. Most of those are about $50.

13. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

We cut the cord years ago and couldn't be happier. We have a samsung TV and since it's internet connected, we get TV Plus. A service by Samsung. It's all free channels, and we get about 50 plus. And we have a digital OTA antenna from Walmart for about 20 bucks. The Samsung TV Plus channels include a couple game show channels, a couple cooking channels, some news, some weather, a bunch (not included in the 50 we watch) of music channels, and Bob Ross, which my kids like. Seems to be quite a bit we watch on that section. Our antenna gets us about 20 channels, and we have Hulu, Netflix, and Amazon Prime and Disney plus. Our monthly bill is basically just for Netflix (17) and Amazon (13, though that is a yearly price point broken down) Hulu is piggy backed off a family account. They take advantage of our Amazon account. And disney plus is free til November for us.

14. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

I am going from 1 Gig fiber service to a 3Mb DSL service soon .... unless I try the satellite option. Looking at the potential to replace the wire from the street to the house if I can get that done I may be able to "leap" to a 10 Mb service. Cell coverage is nearly non-existent but sometimes you can get a text through. Looking at the signal boosters to see if I can at least get to consistent texting. At least I can do the Dish/Direct satellite TV service to offset the technological void moving to the far side of nowhere. At least the costs are not bad so far, unless I replace a mile or so of phone line. A landline is a requirement for consistent communication too.