New Development Activity in the area

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by jesse82nc, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I know I either read it here or on the nextdoor app

2. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

That's the Tractor Supply and the large neighborhood. I think something else as well.

Rockyv58 likes this.
  3. jesse82nc

https://jocoreport.com/tractor-supply-to-anchor-124-lot-planned-unit-development/

Steel Bridge Crossing, LLC received approval this month for a rezoning and special use permit for a 124 lot Planned Unit Development (PUD) at 4150 Highway 42 West, just west of Cornwallis Road, in the Cleveland Township.

Jerry Dalton with Dalton Engineering said the mixed use development would include a Tractor Supply store along with residential homes with an average size of 2,000 square feet.

The 124-lot PUD is situated on a 74.46 acre tract of land owned by William Henry Ford.

Mr. Dalton said the new development may also connect to an adjacent development on Highway 42 West at Cornwallis Road that may be anchored by a new Food Lion store. Commissioners were not opposed to the two proposed developments having an internal connection, but wanted separate entrances onto Highway 42.

UPDATED with drawing:
    Tractor Supply 1.jpg

https://www.google.com/maps/place/35°36'50.6"N+78°32'38.2"W/@35.615832,-78.5446217,17z/data=!4m6!3m5!1s0x0:0x0!7e2!8m2!3d35.6140614!4d-78.5439565

Last edited: Oct 1, 2020
  4. jesse82nc

5. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

jesse82nc likes this.
  6. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

That’s very good news. I just wish it were an American company. I suppose those days are long gone. According to the news article, they will only be hiring 8-10 people to start with.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2020
  7. markfnc

8. Rockyv58

I was thinking tractor supply was a bit further up 42. Just on the other side of that one house. Between the house and the light where the shopping center with the grocery store is going to be. Thanks

9. jesse82nc

Not sure where you are referring to?

42.jpg

Rockyv58 likes this.
  10. jesse82nc

Somehow I missed this one, and it's a big one well under construction:

glenn.jpg

The developers behind a mixed-use destination currently underway in Clayton are seeking to add more apartments and commercial space to the project.

Raleigh-based CE Group, a development-planning and services firm, filed updated plans with the town in April for the Shoppes at Glen Laurel, a mixed-use project featuring hundreds of apartments, senior living and commercial space.

The owner is listed as the Shoppes at Glen Laurel LLC, which shares an address with Raleigh-based Commercial Properties Development Group, or CPDG.

The site is along Glen Laurel Road and Hwy. 42 east of Clayton and near the Neuse Golf Club.

The project has been underway for years, and already the developers have built a 240-unit apartment community, the Pines at Glen Laurel, that dominates the eastern portion of the property as well as a self-storage facility on the western end.

The newest plans would add an additional 120 apartments as well as an assisted living facility featuring about 66 beds and an independent living facility with 77 units. The developers are also looking to add an additional 56,000 square feet of retail and commercial space plus a daycare.

If approved by the town, the Shoppes at Glen Laurel would be set to feature a total of 360 apartments, 63,000 square feet of retail and commercial space, a Good Will, a daycare, assisted and independent living facilities and a self storage facility.

The town of Clayton has already approved plans for 7,000 square feet of retail space and a Goodwill store, which has yet to be built.

Lot 10 Shoppes at Glen Laurel Major Site Plan, 2020-99-SP
    [​IMG]

Proposal: Request to build a 66 bed assisted living facility and an 80 unit independent living facility to be housed in a single building.
    Parcel: 05I04016E
    Applicant: Mark Ashness, PE
    Project Planner: Sharon Sharpe, Planner, 919-359-9350
    Status: Approved at the August 24, 2020 Planning Board Meeting.

Shoppes at Glen Laurel Lot 8 Major Site Plan, 2020-38-SP
    [​IMG]

Proposal: Request to add additional buildings to the Shoppes of Glen Laurel Mixed Use Development. Lot 8 will consist of three buildings totaling 36,110 sq ft of retail and restaurant space with accommodating parking.
    Parcel: 05I04003W
    Applicant: CE Group Inc.
    Project Planner: Haley Hogg, Planner, 919-359-2102

Lot 2 -Shoppes at Glen Laurel Major Site Plan, 2020-79-SP
    [​IMG]

Proposal: Request to build +/- 13,398 SF daycare facility with outdoor playground on vacant parcel. Daycare will have a maximum of 250 students and 23 staff members.

Lot 9 Shoppes at Glen Laurel Major Site Plan, 2020-100-SP
    [​IMG]

Proposal: Request construction of (2) four story apartment building with outdoor amenities. The apartment complex will have 78 (1) BR and 18 (2) BR units
    Parcel: 05I04003W, 05I04016EW

Shoppes at Glen Laurel Subdivision Modification, 2020-39-SD
    [​IMG]

Proposal: Request to modify an approved Mixed Use Master Plan. With additional acreage added (Rezoning & Annexation was submitted under separate cover) 120 apartments will be added to the 240 built apartments. An assisted living facility with +/- 66 beds and an independent living facility with =/- 77 units has been added.
    Applicant: CE Group Inc.
    Status: Approved at the August 17, 2020 Town Council Hearing.

Shoppes at Glen Laurel Planned Development Rezoning, 2020-22-PDD
    [​IMG]

Proposal: Request to allow for the expansion of the Pines at Glen Laurel. Additional residential, commercial, and retail uses to meet needs of surrounding area.
    Applicant: Commercial Properties, INC.
    Status: Final Approval granted at the August 17, 2020 Town Council hearing.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/3...!1s0x0:0x0!7e2!8m2!3d35.6439137!4d-78.4199815

Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
    barney726 likes this.
  11. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

It was upgraded, the main structure of the deal is largely intact; the biggest changes included higher rules-of-origin requirements for the auto sector, marginally greater U.S. access to the Canadian dairy market, and a scale-back of the investor-state dispute settlement (ISDS) rules.

DWK likes this.
  12. jesse82nc

Clayton Village Center

upload_2020-8-28_15-39-24.png

A Johnston County developer is looking to bring a new mixed-use project to Clayton with plans for more than 150 apartments and commercial space.

Abdul Kamlapasha’s Clayton Village Center LLC has filed plans for the Clayton Village Center, a 155-unit apartment community featuring one-, two- and three-bedroom units adjacent to 80,000 square feet of commercial space.

The project is situated on about 10 acres near the intersection of U.S. 70 and Wildwood Drive south of downtown Clayton.

The development will feature 45 one-bedroom units, 92 two-bedroom units and 18 three-bedroom units. Altogether, the project will include 363 parking spaces for residents, retail staff and customers.

Clayton Village Center paid $550,000 for the land last year.

According to the plans filed with the town of Clayton, the plan will be built out in four phases, with the commercial space to be developed in phase one and the apartments in the other three.

Center Village Planned Development Mixed Use, 2019-209-PD-MU
    [​IMG]

Proposal: Request to rezone 9.88 acres of vacant tract from HB-SUD to PD-MU for the future development of residential and commercial sites
    Parcel: 05A01013
    Applicant: Clayton Village Center, LLC
    Status: Under Technical Committee Review. Planning Board recommendation and Town Council decision TBD.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/3...!1s0x0:0x0!7e2!8m2!3d35.6311922!4d-78.4356032

13. jesse82nc

Grifols Therapeutics Investing $351M In North Carolina Expansion

Grifols Therapeutics will expand its North Carolina operations with a new $351.6 million capital investment, creating 300 jobs. The Spanish healthcare company will construct a specialized blood plasma facility and logistics center at its Clayton campus in Johnston County, NC.

“Today is a very exciting day for Grifols. We are extremely proud to expand our manufacturing operations in the state of North Carolina,” said Doug Burns, President of Grifols Therapeutics. “True to Grifols mission of improving the health and wellbeing of patients, our new state-of-the-art fractionation facility will help meet the growing demand for plasma-derived medicines in the United States and around the world. We thank Governor Cooper, Secretary of Commerce Anthony Copeland, the Economic Development Partnership of N.C., the North Carolina General Assembly, the North Carolina Community College System, Johnston County, the Town of Clayton, and the Johnston County Economic Development Office for their strong support.”

Grifols Therapeutics is a leading supplier of medicines derived from human plasma. The company will expand its North Carolina operations with a new plasma fractionation facility and logistics center to help meet the growing demand for plasma derived medicines. Fractionation is the process of separating different components in blood plasma, to produce proteins that are essential for patients who face sometimes life-threatening conditions.

The company is also playing a leadership role in the response to COVID-19 by developing a plasma-based antibody treatment for the disease. In partnership with the federal government, Grifols is collecting convalescent plasma from eligible COVID-19 survivors across the country. Grifols’ 13 plasma collection centers in North Carolina are participating in this important effort. Convalescent plasma from donors will be manufactured into a hyper-immune therapy specific to COVID-19 at the company’s manufacturing campus in Clayton.

“Companies like Grifols continue to choose expansion in North Carolina because our workforce can meet their needs of this important facility,” said Governor Roy Cooper. “During this public health crisis, we have seen the value of manufacturing close to home and this expansion means new, life-saving medicines will be manufactured in Clayton.”

“It’s a challenging time in our state and our nation as the coronavirus pandemic impacts our lives, but today’s decision confirms the fundamentals of the North Carolina economy remain strong,” said Commerce Secretary Anthony M. Copeland. “I welcome Grifols’ vote of confidence to expand their business in our state.”

Grifols Therapeutics’ project in North Carolina will be facilitated, in part, by a Job Development Investment Grant (JDIG) approved by the state’s Economic Investment Committee. Over the course of 12 years, the project is estimated to grow the state’s economy by $1.72 billion. Using a formula that takes into account the new tax revenues generated by the new jobs, the agreement authorizes the potential reimbursement to the company of up to $5,161,500, spread over 12 years. Payments for all JDIGs only occur following performance verification by the departments of Commerce and Revenue that the company has met its incremental job creation and investment targets. JDIG projects result in positive net tax revenue to the state treasury, even after taking into consideration the grant’s reimbursement payments to a given company.

Because Grifols chose a site in Johnston County, classified by the state’s economic tier system as Tier 3, the company’s JDIG agreement also calls for moving as much as $1,721,000 into the state’s Industrial Development Fund – Utility Account. The Utility Account helps rural communities finance necessary infrastructure upgrades to attract future business.

Grifols WWTP Expansion Phase 2 Major Site Plan, 2020-101-SP
    [​IMG]

Proposal: Request for upgrades to Grifols WWTP facility to accommodate production increases over the next several years that will generate additional process wastewater.
    Parcel: 05I05001D
    Applicant: Grifols Therapeutics, LLC

Grifols PLC Expansion Major Site Plan, 2020-003-SP
    [​IMG]

Proposal: Request to construct 11,500 sq ft fully automated addition to the existing PLC building with modifications to the roadway entrance and additional parking.
    Parcel: 05I05001F
    Applicant: McGill & Associates
    Project Planner: Jeff Caines, Planner, 919-359-9335
    Status: Approved at the February 24, 2020 Planning Board hearing.

Iron Wood Developers Major Site Plan, 2019-194-SP
    [​IMG]

Proposal: Construct shipping and receiving warehouse for Grifols Pharmaceuticals on current vacant lot. Warehouse will house 10 employees.
    Location: Vacant parcel located between existing Grifols parcel and Speedway on US Hwy70 Bus W
    Parcel: 05I05017H
    Applicant: Alsey Gilbert
    Status: Approved at the December 17, 2019 Planning Board hearing.

Grifols Distribution & Storage Facility Major Site Plan, 2019-113-SP
    [​IMG]

Proposal: Construct a fully automated, 85ft, 18,000SF distribution & storage facility. Existing parking lot will be re-developed and brought to Town of Clayton compliance.
    Parcel: 05I05001V
    Applicant: McGill Associates
    Status: Approved at the October 28, 2019 Planning Board hearing.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/G...f28f9df3398a8d!8m2!3d35.6187474!4d-78.4190422

14. Rockyv58

Question: Is there any plans yet to build across where the Aldi's/Lidl is (sorry I keep forgetting which one is being built there)? And the parcel behind where the O'Reilly's is (where the two houses use to be)?

15. jesse82nc

Nothing that I have seen yet. They are both for sale still.

16. markfnc

New Cook Out coming to Exit 303 (40/Jones Sausage)

panthersdude2001 likes this.
  17. jesse82nc

markfnc likes this.
  18. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

19. panthersdude2001

panthersdude2001 Well-Known Member

wait what

jesse82nc likes this.
  20. Rockyv58

I just noticed over on Cleveland school Road across from the storage unit place, By the elementary school where their getting ready to whine and add the exit ramps. I noticed that two houses there I think they’re getting ready to move be moved. The one house has all the bricks off of it in the house to get right has the steel I-beams under it as if it’s going to be moved. Does anyone know what’s going on there?