First Amendment of the Constitution

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by DWK, Sep 2, 2020.

1. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

Here is a reminder of our beloved American First Amendment Rights according to the US Constitution, without which we may as well be China or Russia:

“Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof, or abridging the FREEDOM OF SPEECH, or of the press, or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.”

2. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

Too bad that only applies to the government. Businesses and individuals can make all the restrictions they want.

3. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

You’ve got to be kidding me. None of our First Amendment rights are limited only to “government”! It is intrinsically a part of who we are in this country, and culturally inseparable from what it means to be an American. And I’m not talking about “No Shirt, No Shoes, No Service” business policies here. A public discussion board is a microcosm of our sacred First Amendment rights that are played out every day in the public sphere. The minute that some voices are deliberately hampered, while others are amplified, especially when those amplified voices are in NO WAY following any of the rules of civil discussion as outlined according to the site, then what is THAT exactly? Not only is it hypocritical, it is deeply unAmerican to the core.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2020
  4. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

They can even make rules they refuse to follow or apply equally, but that is the problem many see with such businesses.

DWK likes this.
  5. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

This is so you !!!!
    upload_2020-9-2_14-40-10.jpeg

poppin cork likes this.
  6. jesse82nc

You even posted it right in your quote. It doesn't say, ANYONE, it just says Congress.

Hught, NJ2NC and BuzzMyMonkey like this.
  7. jesse82nc

NJ2NC and poppin cork like this.
  8. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

How y’all just continue to cheapen the First Amendment every day of your sad lives, is beyond me. You definitely have little respect for it, so why not just move your sorry ass to Communist China and see if free speech works there? They’ll put your butt in a “re-education” camp quicker than you can say “I’m sorry, Dear Leader”. Some American you are!

Go back to posting those maps, and telling us where the next new hamburger franchise will be built. And while you’re reading the menu at the new place, maybe somebody can furnish you with a 62 page manual explaining why ice tea is cold.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
  9. NJ2NC

NJ2NC Well-Known Member

Did you forget to take one of your meds this afternoon?

10. Wayne Stollings

DWK likes this.
  11. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

How do you think Congress got there in the first place? Damn, you don’t even respect our entire American system! That’s exactly what this is! If you’re too damned cynical and have lost faith in the system, you may as well pack your bags right now, and learn Mandarin! I’m sure China would love to have you!

12. Wayne Stollings

“The Speaker always wears a mask and complies with local COVID requirements. This business offered for the Speaker to come in on Monday and told her they were allowed by the city to have one customer at a time in the business. The Speaker complied with the rules as presented to her by this establishment," Hammill said.

Erica Kious, who owns the salon, told Fox News that a stylist who rents a chair in the salon took the appointment with Pelosi. Kious called it a "slap in the face" for Pelosi to get her hair done in the salon while others could not.

Fox News did not publish an explanation by Kious about why the stylist took the appointment or why she "can’t control" what the stylists do, as she told the outlet. USA TODAY has reached out to Kious.

13. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

Did you forget to THINK for most of your life? Why don’t you go on and read that National Enquirer and the British Daily Mail that you love so much?

Wayne Stollings likes this.
  14. NJ2NC

NJ2NC Well-Known Member

A simple 'yes' would have sufficed.

BuzzMyMonkey likes this.
  15. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

I can’t believe that any American is questioning their First Amendment rights, or somehow believing that it’s not important. LOL.

16. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

It would have better sufficed if you had not responded flippantly to a thread about our sacred American constitutional rights, with some amount of reverence, but I suppose “it is what it is”.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
  17. BuzzMyMonkey

That’s who she is everyday.

18. BuzzMyMonkey

If you wasn’t so stupid and such a hypocrite you would probably be kinda funny.

19. Wayne Stollings

20. BuzzMyMonkey

I find it pretty funny that not too long ago you were emotionally chiding others for their choice of language here, of course like clockwork your hypocrisy is very very bright. Keep up the good work bitter butt. Lol.