New Development Activity in the area

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by jesse82nc, Aug 14, 2020.

1. barney726

barney726 Well-Known Member

2. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

I think they are being moved due to exit ramps

Rockyv58 likes this.
  3. markfnc

4. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

5. markfnc

yes and it will be realigned where it crosses the train tracks, going straight. That's on here somewhere, I think Jesse posted that.

6. markfnc

7. Rockyv58

8. Smithers

Smithers Well-Known Member

Wow, so it looks like Jones Sausage will come out onto US 70 between Morris Dr and the Auto Zone? The rendering makes it look like a 4-way intersection, but there are existing businesses on the other side of the road there. I wonder if that's just an artistic license, or if the businesses are going away and they're going to run all the way down to Timber Dr.

upload_2020-9-10_12-23-19.png

9. Smithers

Smithers Well-Known Member

It got "too JPG'ed", but I found another picture on that FB page that says, yes, that's exactly what's going to happen. I've got to keep an eye on that FB page!
    upload_2020-9-10_12-40-13.png

10. barney726

barney726 Well-Known Member

clearing corner of shotwell and amelia roads in clayton. a friend advised toc town council approved 18 townhomes.

11. Rockyv58

So in other words Jones Sausage and White Oak will no longer meet at 70? they will be a block away?

I remember one time i was really bored and i was looking at google and I followed Cornwallis road from where it starts at Old Drug Store road. And followed it through all its name changes and it ends as Blue Ridge Road at Western Blvd. Right at the old K-mart :)

Smithers, youwish2bme and markfnc like this.
  12. markfnc

I actually drove that route, after i realized it connected. Long drive.

13. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

DENIED - https://jocoreport.com/665-lot-residential-subdivision-rejected/

CASE 20-23
    Rezoning Petition: Petition to rezone 456.84 acres located at 4974 and 4583 Cornwallis Road (SR 1525) in Cleveland Township from Agricultural Residential (AR) to Agricultural Residential – Special Use District (AR-SUD).

Tax ID: 05F02011B & 05F02010A
    Owner: Walter Rand Yeargan Irrevocable Trust, Polly Yeargan Hardie & William F. Troxler Jr.
    Applicant: Marty Bizzell, PE-Bass, Nixon & Kennedy Inc.

Special Use Permit: To allow for a residential subdivision with sewer. 665 residential homes and amenities.

665 new homes cornwallis.jpg

https://www.google.com/maps/place/35°36'36.8"N+78°32'09.1"W/@35.610208,-78.5380347,1565m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m6!3m5!1s0x0:0x0!7e2!8m2!3d35.6102078!4d-78.5358462

Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
  14. jesse82nc

Amelia Point Major Subdivision & Special Use Permit, 2019-145-SD & 2019-110-SUP

[​IMG]

Proposal: Construct 18 two-story, single-family townhomes on current vacant lot.
    Location: Corner of Shotwell Rd. and Amelia Church Rd, in the northeast quadrant next to Lionsgate.
    Parcel: 05G02009I
    Applicant: Adams & Hodge Engineering, PC
    Project Planner: Haley Hogg, Planner, 919-359-2102

https://www.google.com/maps/place/3...!1s0x0:0x0!7e2!8m2!3d35.6508797!4d-78.4835851

15. jesse82nc

Those businesses are all owned by the developer that owns all of White Oak, hundreds of acres of undeveloped land there. They have some long range plans to add more commerical to that undeveloped southwest corner along with a huge neighborhood. That 4 way would be one of the entrances, and have a new traffic light. Eventually it would connect all the way to Timber on the South end. I can't find any official drawings, but this is what I have seen in the past (I can't remember the exact path of the road, but that is close I think).

2020-09-15_7-48-51.jpg

Smithers likes this.
  16. Rockyv58

Question for you. Right where you have the line for Jones Sausage Road going through the White Oak Property and ending at Timber drive.Wasn't that at one time suppose to be a mall going in there? I know since then they cancelled building a mall since they have fallen out of fashion. And my next question is, Is there a time frame for when they are suppose to extend Timber drive across I-40 and meeting with Greenfield Parkway?

17. jesse82nc

Yea it's not going to be a mall. Most likely a grocery, some additional restaurants, and some more small retail (maybe some more medical along the southern edge as well). Then some apartments/townhomes, and a large single family neighborhood. The same owner owns more land south of Timber as well, so it could be a lot of homes if they ever execute on it.

As for the connection between Timber and Greenfield, it's still on the drawing board as far as I know, no date though.

Rockyv58 likes this.
  18. markfnc

yes back in 2003/04 or so there were plans for an enclosed mall. I saw preliminary site plans out for bid back then.

Rockyv58 likes this.
  19. jesse82nc

20. jesse82nc

Extension of Sam's Branch Greenway

O’Neil Street is scheduled to close to thru traffic for up to eight weeks starting Monday as workers build a tunnel under the road for the Sam’s Branch Greenway trail.

The tunnel is part of a 1.4-mile extension of the trail from O’Neil Street to Legend Park. From there, cyclists will be able to follow City Road toward the center of town.

The Sam’s Branch trail connects with the Clayton River Walk on the Neuse trail, which becomes the Neuse River Trail when it crosses into Wake County. The Neuse River trails are part of the Mountains-to-Sea Trail, which stretches nearly 1,200 miles from Great Smoky Mountains National Park to Jockey’s Ridge State Park in Nags Head.

Sam’s Branch now ends at a parking lot at O’Neil Street, more than a mile from downtown Clayton. The tunnel will allow the town to extend the trail to Legend Park, without forcing people to cross O’Neil, where the speed limit is 55 mph.

At Legend Park, the trail will cross City Road at a new crosswalk into the Parkview subdivision, where it will end. In the future, the town plans to extend the Parkview greenway into Municipal Park, off Stallings Street, creating a safer path in and out of center of town.

During construction, O’Neil Street will remain open on either side of the tunnel site, including to the Ashcroft subdivision. A detour for thru traffic will direct drivers to use City Road and Covered Bridge Road to get in and out of downtown Clayton.

Legend Park, including the ball fields and mountain biking trails, will be closed during the greenway construction. The Sam’s Branch Greenway extension is expected to open sometime this fall, said town spokeswoman Stacy Beard. It’s not clear yet when the rest of Legend Park will reopen, Beard said.

The Sam’s Branch tunnel and trail are expected to cost about $3.5 million. The town is putting up about $714,000, and the rest is coming from the Federal Highway Administration.

2020-09-17_11-11-12.jpg

2020-09-17_11-10-48.jpg

Start:
    https://www.google.com/maps/place/3...!1s0x0:0x0!7e2!8m2!3d35.6625001!4d-78.4425688

Finish:
    https://www.google.com/maps/place/3...!1s0x0:0x0!7e2!8m2!3d35.6646182!4d-78.4602287