New Development Activity in the area

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by jesse82nc, Aug 14, 2020.

1. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

New ABC store is being bid soon.
    Garner, North Carolina

I guess they will move out of current spot across from Food Lion.

2. Smithers

Smithers Well-Known Member

I saw there was activity on the parcel between Lowe's Foods and the bank, at the corner of 42 and 50. I checked GIS and found it was just purchased by Mavis Southeast LLC, which does business as Mavis Tires and Brakes. Meh. I was hoping for a fast food spot there.

I also noticed that Food Lion purchased the parcels on both sides of the Sheetz across the street. I know it's been discussed previously they were moving there from 42/Technology Dr, but I didn't know exactly how much property they were taking.
    upload_2020-10-19_18-4-1.png

markfnc likes this.
  3. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

4. markfnc

With Aldi & Walmart on the other side of 40, that's probably a good place for the Food Lion to move to.
    I wonder what will happen to the current Food Lion Shopping center once it moves out. During the road construction project it will be tough getting in and out of there. It will be tough after its done. So many of those small stores rely on the large store, like Food Lion, to get people into the shopping center.

5. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

Heard Carlie C’s to old food lion

markfnc likes this.
  6. jesse82nc

I thought Food Lion was moving to 42 and Cornwallis? Next to Tractor Supply.

https://jocoreport.com/tractor-supply-to-anchor-124-lot-planned-unit-development/

"Mr. Dalton said the new development may also connect to an adjacent development on Highway 42 West at Cornwallis Road that may be anchored by a new Food Lion store. "

7. markfnc

I was just going off Smithers note that Food Lion had bought the land near Sheetz at 50/42.

8. jesse82nc

Maybe another new one? They definitely own that land at 50/42. If they left 40/42 for that location, the only supermarket between 50/42 and Business 70 in Clayton would be Walmart. That would leave a huge hole. Would make more sense to get rid of the one at 40/42 and build 2 new ones at 50/42 and 42 and Cornwallis.

Smithers likes this.
  9. Smithers

Does anyone know roughly when Aldi is scheduled to open?

10. jesse82nc

I heard they were trying to get it completed for Christmas, but I think they had a few delays.

Smithers likes this.
  11. markfnc

yes, being in construction, driving by last night, i would guess 1st few weeks of January.

12. markfnc

I saw a sign on a storefront near Jersey Mikes (40/42 near cookout) that said Donut Shop coming soon.

Rockyv58 likes this.
  13. jesse82nc

Like the company was called "Donut Shop" or just that a donut shop was coming?

14. markfnc

I took it as a donut shop was coming. not that that was there name.

15. Smithers

According to Nextdoor posts, the guys working on Mavis Tire (beside Lowe's at 42/50) have a sense of humor. There are multiple Nextdoor posts saying they asked the workers what's going in there, and they responded that it was a Chic-Fil-A. So, when your neighbors swear a Chic-Fil-A is going there, that's where the rumor came from.

jesse82nc and BuzzMyMonkey like this.
  16. jesse82nc

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
  17. jesse82nc

Wild District Event Center and Parking Lot Major Site Plan & Special Use Permit, 2020-155-SP & 2020-156-SUP

[​IMG]

Proposal: Proposed 10,000sf assembly space/special events center (with 400 seats) to be located in the back portion of existing Paper Company building. In addition to the assembly space, this project also includes an off street parking lot consisting of 49 parking spaces that will serve the offices located inside the current Paper Company facility, the proposed special events center, and a proposed three story building at the corner of Fayetteville and First Streets which will include a market and apartments. The parking lot can also serve the downtown core for Town events.
    Parcel: 05019008, 05019059 & 05019009
    Applicant: Riverwild
    Project Planner: Haley Hogg, Planner, 919-359-2102
    Status: Under Technical Review Committee Review. Tentative decision board hearing TBD.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/3...!1s0x0:0x0!7e2!8m2!3d35.6538833!4d-78.4600929

18. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

It's big enough for a six flags!!!!

Hught likes this.
  19. markfnc

This is huge:
    Garner Announced as Location for New VA Clinic

Post Date: 11/23/2020 8:37 AM

Garner, NC—The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) has announced that it recently accepted an offer to lease 244,860 square feet of space for a new outpatient multi-specialty clinic in the Town of Garner.

The site for the new construction is approximately 17 acres located on the west side of N.C. 50 between Rand Road and Arbor Greene Drive. The real property investment amount for the project is estimated to be about $100 million.

“This facility will be a great addition to our community. We are proud that the Town of Garner will be known throughout the region as a hub for veterans' health-care services,” Mayor Ken Marshburn said. “Our veterans deserve the finest of care, and I’m confident that this new facility will provide outstanding care to the men and women who have served our country in the armed forces. I’m sure the VA staff and veterans who come to Garner for services will find us to be a welcoming and compassionate community that deeply appreciates what our veterans have done to ensure our freedoms.”

VA officials said they were enthusiastic about bringing a facility of this scale to Garner and Wake County.

“The Durham VA Health Care System values our local community partners’ efforts in helping us to keep the nation’s promise to our veterans,” said DVAHCS Executive Director Paul Crews. “The new outpatient facility will employ nearly 400 VA employees, ranging from administrative support to health-care providers. It will offer primary care and mental-health services to nearly 25,000 veterans annually from Wake County and surrounding areas.”

Limited specialty services may include cardiology, endocrinology, gastroenterology, pulmonology, pathology, audiology and speech, rehabilitation medicine, and imaging services including CT and MRI. A pharmacy and eye clinic could also be a part of the facility. VA officials say that specialty services could change based on demand and need at the facility.

“We are excited about the development and construction of a modern, state-of-the-art facility that will allow the Durham VA Health Care System to ensure that veterans who choose VA receive the highest-quality care. This facility will allow us to provide veterans with the right care, in the right place, at the right time,” said Fred Roche, administrator of the new VA facility.

A joint venture, Atriax/PPGG JV, based in Hickory, N.C., will serve as the developer and lessor for the center. The majority of the lessor’s design, construction and operations team is based in North Carolina. The Atriax/PPGG JV is a service-disabled, veteran-owned business with years of experience in U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs projects.

“As a veteran-owned company, we couldn’t be more proud to serve the veterans of North Carolina through this important project and the critical health-care services to be delivered by the professionals in the VA,” Atriax principal George Auten said.

Brenda H. Compton with locally based Hartwell Realty represents the property owners in the sale for the project.

“It was truly an honor for me and the Hartwell Realty team to be involved in a project that will have such a meaningful economic impact on Garner while providing a much-needed service for our veterans,” Compton said. “This multifaceted transaction could not have been successful without the hard work and collaboration of the Atriax Group, property owners and local municipalities. It’s a huge win for Garner and our regional economy.”

20. jesse82nc

https://www.google.com/maps/place/3...!1s0x0:0x0!7e2!8m2!3d35.6552944!4d-78.6144617

markfnc likes this.