New Development Activity in the area

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by jesse82nc, Aug 14, 2020.

1. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

2. jesse82nc

3. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

4. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

I would guess this has to do with that development. Costco and Chick Fil A approved. Costco would be 1 of the large spaces.
    https://abc11.com/garner-costco-chick-fil-a-wake-county/8989500/

5. Webmaster

Webmaster Administrator

If you've seen the construction next to Sheetz at 210/50, looks like an O'Reilly Auto Parts is going in there. And, rumor on the street is that a 7-Eleven will occupy that empty lot next to the Dollar General at Exit 319, across from the Scotchman and Wendy's.

Exit319_7_11.jpg

6. markfnc

I hadn't seen a 7-Eleven in years.

Rockyv58 likes this.
  7. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

I see it every time rolling into Nags Head. Lol.

8. jesse82nc

markfnc likes this.
  9. Smithers

Smithers Well-Known Member

10. markfnc

I had not seen this, not at 40/42 but a 650,000 sf Amazon Distribution warehouse in Smithfield.
    $70 Million

West Market Street & Highway 70
    Smithfield, North Carolina 27577

Site work and new construction of a warehouse / distribution facility in Smithfield, North Carolina. Completed plans call for the construction of a 650,000-square-foot warehouse / distribution facility.
    Project: New 650,000 SF Amazon warehouse and sitework.

Bids 1/14, start construction mid March.

11. jesse82nc

Isn't West Market Street the same road at Highway 70? I couldn't find any land large enough on 70 that recently changed hands. Any idea where it is planned?

12. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

Wouldn't it be at the intersections of Business 70 (West Market St) and 70?

13. jesse82nc

Isn't that Clayton, not Smithfield? I still don't see a large enough property in that area that changed hands in the past year or so other than the new Olive Branch subdivision that is planned for the large gray parcel on the bottom left.

upload_2021-1-6_9-48-27.png

14. markfnc

On the map i saw looked like the old K mart, but that didn't seem big enough.

15. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Hi! Was curious what might be going on the land at the corner of Cornwallis and 1010 across from Cleveland Elementary School. I see that the farm stand has been disassembling itself and cleaning up and clearing out...Thanks

16. Webmaster

Webmaster Administrator

That was on the agenda for the Dec. 7th Johnston County Board of Commissioners Meetings - a Hardee's is proposed for that location.

17. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

Yep, its a Hardees.

18. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Oh,, I wished it would be something else like a Chick Fil A or Burger King or Arbys or another 7-11!! I will have to try Hardees again in the future and see if I still don't like it since I was a teenager, lol....

19. markfnc

Food Lion 50/42 update:
    Bids Jan 27
    Description
    Site work, paving and new construction of a retail development in Garner, North Carolina. Completed plans call for the construction of a retail development; and for site work for a retail development.
    Site work is expected to begin March 1, 2021 with vertical construction starting April 5, 2021.
    $8 million

*The owner requests that all subcontractor / supplier inquiries be directed to the GC Bidder.

jesse82nc and BuzzMyMonkey like this.
  20. markfnc

The coming soon sign for Food Lion @ 42/50 is up.