Meet Annie

Discussion in 'Cat Dog' started by Rockyv58, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Over the past few years you have seen me posting that my fur babies ran off into the woods chasing deer. Well last year I lost both of them to age and health problems. I still grieve over my lose of them. But back in November I opened my heart to a new fur baby by the name of Annie. I would like to introduce her to all here on the 4042.com :)

IMG_0891.JPG

2. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

Such a sweetie!!!!

Rockyv58 likes this.
  3. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

What a good looking dog. Congrats! Hope it watches the deer from the yard.

Rockyv58 and BuzzMyMonkey like this.
  4. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

Great looking dog Rocky,, good for you.
    Hey Annie, stay on the right side of the road.

Rockyv58 likes this.
  5. Rockyv58

I think if she got off leash and saw a deer she would be just like Laila and Jese and off chasing them. This time i am going to be getting a tracking collar just in case that does happen

Wayne Stollings and Hught like this.
  6. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

Super cute! We highly recommend Fi, we have it on one of ours. Not the cheapest but it works really well.

https://shop.tryfi.com/r/32HXQ9/?utm_source=referrals

Rockyv58 likes this.
  7. Rockyv58

Thanks I will check it out. I didn't notice while looking through the web site but is there a yearly subscription? I've noticed on some of the GPS collars there is a subscription fee.

8. jesse82nc

Yes, I have yet to find any GPS collar with cellular coverage that doesn't have some kind of fee. They do have a discount for yearly vs monthly.
    Anything that doesn't use cellular would be bluetooth, which is limited to about 100 feet of range in best case scenarios.

There used to be a product that used RF, but the company went away.

Rockyv58 likes this.
  9. Rockyv58

how much is the subscription?

10. jesse82nc

Fi Subscription
    1 Year Plan: $99 ($1.89/week)
    2 Year Plan: $186 ($1.79/week) - Save 5%
    3 Year Plan: $248 ($1.59/week) - Save 16%

upload_2021-2-24_8-58-58.png

Rockyv58 likes this.
  11. Rockyv58

DOH, Thanks i just didn't go far enough down on the initial page

12. Rockyv58

I got the collar yesterday and set it up on my phone. Took her for a walk and watched it on my phone (even though I was right there with her LOL). Put it back on the charger once we got home. I figure I will only put it on when I go to walk her. They give you 30 free days. I went with the one year for now and will see how it goes from there.

jesse82nc likes this.
  13. jesse82nc

For us, we charge is about once a month on average. Just takes a couple hours. On a normal walk the refresh is just every couple minutes for the most part, so not a perfect track. But if you press the lost dog mode, it's pretty fast. You can also enable a geo-fence so if they leave the yard without you, you get an alert.

Rockyv58 likes this.
  14. Rockyv58

Now that I am working over at UNC Rex I have a dog walker who comes to take her for a walk. I will watch on my phone to see where they go :) If you you still use it , look for Annie and 'like" her. She will "like" your dog right back :)