Covid 19

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Wayne Stollings, Mar 19, 2021.

1. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

2. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

Sorry I don't have 12 hours a day to spend on this board responding to your every post, I have a job, a family, and a life to go about living rather than hiding in a basement wearing a triple mask like some think you need to do.

How can you prove that someone doesn't have a strong immune system? All I have is my evidence of being around sick people regularly and not getting sick myself. I haven't had a fever over 98F in over 20 years, in fact my normal body temp runs 96.5-97.5F. I haven't been out of commission for being sick since I was a little kid. Not sure how you can prove something like that. But to me, that shows some clear evidence of a strong immune system that is more than capable of fighting off contagions. In fact I know for sure that I was around covid positive people more than once without any masks over the past year and didn't get anything. One of my best friends who is a UPS driver had covid a month or so ago, even though he was fully vaccinated. We hung out twice during the 2 weeks or so after his positive test.

markfnc and BuzzMyMonkey like this.
  3. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

I can say I’m there with you also, I very rarely ever get sick. Haven’t taken as much as Tylenol or ibuprofen in over 10yrs. The only thing I’ve ever dealt with like 20 yrs ago was Rocky Mnt spotted fever. Never had the flu, never had a flu shot and thank the Lord I just don’t get sick. So in essence it’s living proof till otherwise proven different.

4. Wayne Stollings

So much for the claim of scientific evidence, unless you are ignorant of using an anecdotal claim and then it is just total belief on your part. Since you cannot know how strong your immune system is, how are others to know how strong theirs is, or that you actually have a strong immune system so that you are
    "safe" other than in your beliefs. So many people have held similar beliefs about not getting a vaccine because they did not need it or there were concerns and look where we are now, the third surge in a pandemic we had the ability to control if it were not for the ignorance of the people in charge and their base.

pcroom and DWK like this.
  5. Wayne Stollings

As I said, ignorance of science and Buzz gives a good illustration of the level of that ignorance.

6. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

Well, there you have it folks. He has no scientific proof whatsoever that his supposedly “superior” immune system will keep him safe from infection. There are plenty of people, at this very moment, who believed the same thing, and now they’re the ones struggling to breathe and begging for the vaccine in the hospitals. Louisiana is seeing more children in the hospital now with this new variant, than they did last year, and most of these children do not have other prior conditions which would compromise their immune systems. All I can say is that it is obvious that Jesse is of this current era. His comments reflect all of the “self-absorbed”, “self-interested”, and thoroughly SELFISH ways of our current era, and one that is, at least for some of the elders on this thread, an alien America that stands in sharp contrast to prior eras where Americans would never think to “do their own thing” during a deadly pandemic. We all used to work together, and history proves this fact.

Looking over the content of Jesse’s post, and his strong BELIEF that HE is personally “invincible” and “impervious” to apparently any and all threats, certainly underscores his narcissistic bent which fuels most of his writing. But at least he’s finally stopped with his floppy ambiguous statements, there for the express purpose of deliberately confusing the reader and obfuscating the facts. Make no mistake that these nefarious tactics are examples of narcissistic abuse writ large, and the very same tactics which have helped to psychologically persuade and control large groups of Americans who are now in serious jeopardy of contracting this virus.

One of things that Jesse has failed to mention in his post, is that while HIS personal “belief” that HIS immune system will keep HIM safe, he doesn’t seem to care to mention that unvaccinated people can still asymptomatically spread this virus to infect other people, and also allow the virus to mutate. So, in effect, he has taken absolutely NO RESPONSIBILITY to keep his fellow Americans safe from this deadly disease. In fact, he almost seems proud of it. And I’m not surprised. A narcissist will never truly care about other people, since other people are merely “things” to them, only to be toyed with. To a narcissist, the lives of human beings are nothing more than “numerical statistics”, to be analyzed and graphed on a chart, with they themselves always coming out the “winner” - who is never, ever vulnerable to anything, including a deadly virus.

If you’re still unvaccinated, and appreciate and enjoy, the life and the family that you have been blessed with, please get vaccinated.

P.S. I don’t “hide out in my basement wearing triple masks”. I’m fully vaccinated and wear a mask in crowded, public areas because I feel that it is my civic and moral duty to protect the lives of my American countrymen, especially our precious children.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2021
    pcroom and Wayne Stollings like this.
  7. BuzzMyMonkey

upload_2021-8-4_11-42-16.gif

8. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

I love how you support him like an obedient, little “flying monkey” that you are. I imagine that you also agree with him when he is mocking the “The Lord’s Prayer” that he has translated into that strange, invented language of his.

07D2F196-F8DF-44D5-A402-8DDF3931A644.jpeg

9. Wayne Stollings

The most cognizant type of reply from Buzz... what he copies from others without knowing the content.

DWK likes this.
  10. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

Both of them have the emotional maturity of third graders, and definitely not the kind of people that anybody should get sound medical advice from, unless they want to end up as a statistic on one of their “death graphs” that they seem to enjoy so much.

Wayne Stollings likes this.
  11. Wayne Stollings

Or people could actually listen to experts in the field of infectious disease control....................

Delta variant: 'We have two key weapons in fighting this virus,' doctor explains

[​IMG]
    SEANA SMITH
    August 3, 2021, 12:14 PM

As the highly transmissible Delta variant spreads rapidly nationwide, the U.S. has “two weapons” to mitigate the outbreak, according to One Medical Regional Medical Director Dr. Natasha Bhuyan.

“We have two key weapons in fighting this virus: one is masks, the other is vaccines,” Dr. Natasha Bhuyan told Yahoo Finance Live. “If we can get our vaccination rates up, we will be able to slow down the spread of the virus. But until then, it's important that even people who are fully vaccinated continue to wear a mask in indoor public settings.”

The Delta variant, which was first identified in India, has now spread to more than 132 countries and is as contagious as chickenpox, according to an internal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) document. The contagious strain now accounts for more than 80% of new coronavirus infections in the U.S. as the seven-day average of new confirmed cases has soared 150% in the past two weeks.

DWK likes this.
  12. BuzzMyMonkey

LOFL,, see you next Tuesday ?

13. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

I’m betting that this incredibly fit and avid mountain climber thought that he too had a “strong” immune system, before he became infected and died of Covid:

50A6FC38-1615-4A63-B012-6F163BE0075F.jpeg B7200E32-171B-420A-BF2E-CF1A8741D00F.jpeg

14. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

What I’d like to know is what exactly are you getting out of this foul charade by encouraging illness and death instead of blessed life?

15. Wayne Stollings

He does not even know himself as reality is not something with which he has a connection. That is why so many of his posts make no sense nor seem to be connected to anything other than random neurons firing in his head when the one brain cell comes in close proximity of the other.

16. Wayne Stollings

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/03/health/covid-19-diagnosis-surgeon.html

‘I Had Never Faced the Reality of Death’: A Surgeon Becomes a Patient

Infected early in the pandemic, Dr. Tomoaki Kato, a renowned transplant surgeon, was soon on life support, and one of the sickest patients in his own hospital.

By Denise Grady

Published June 3, 2021Updated July 12, 2021

Early in the pandemic, as hospitals in New York began postponing operations to make way for the flood of Covid-19 cases, Dr. Tomoaki Kato continued to perform surgery. Patients still needed liver transplants, and some were too sick to wait.

At 56, Dr. Kato was healthy and exceptionally fit. He had run the New York City Marathon seven times, and he specialized in operations that were also marathons, lasting 12 or 16 or 20 hours. He was renowned for surgical innovations, deft hands and sheer stamina. At NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Irving Medical Center, where he was the surgical director of adult and pediatric liver and intestinal transplantation, his boss has called him “our Michael Jordan.”

Dr. Kato became ill with Covid-19 in March 2020.

“I was in a denial situation,” he said. “I thought I was going to be fine.”

But he soon became one of the sickest patients in his own hospital, dependent on a ventilator and other machines to pump oxygen into his bloodstream and do the work of his failing kidneys. He came close to death “many, many times,” according to Dr. Marcus R. Pereira, who oversaw Dr. Kato’s care and is the medical director of the center’s infectious disease program for transplant recipients.

Colleagues feared at first that he would not survive and then, when the worst had passed, that he might never be able to perform surgery again. But after two months in the hospital, Dr. Kato emerged with a determination to get back to work and a new sense of urgency about the need to teach other surgeons the innovative operations he had developed. His own illness also enabled him to connect with patients in ways that had not been possible before.

“I really never understood well enough how patients feel,” he said. “Even though I’m convincing patients to take a feeding tube, and encouraging them, saying, ‘Even though it looks like hell now, it will get better and you’ll get through it,’ I really never understood what that hell means.”

He approaches those moments differently now: “‘I was there’ are very powerful words for patients.”

Dr. Kato was infected before most doctors in New York understood the siege that lay ahead.

“When we really realized something serious was coming, I think it was already there,” Dr. Kato said. “No one realized how much the virus had spread through the city. The virus was everywhere.”

His illness began with a bad backache, and then fevers that went up and down for a few days. He stayed home, periodically checking his oxygen level, and getting readings of 93 and 94 percent — results now recognized as a possible sign of Covid pneumonia.

But at that early point in the pandemic, he said, “Nobody knows what Covid pneumonia is.” And he did not feel very sick, he told colleagues who kept in touch by phone.

Dr. Pereira said: “I think that fooled us for a few days while he was at home. His oxygen levels were a little low, but he said, ‘I feel fine,’ and his heart rate was not that fast. He was one of the first-wave patients, and we were still learning about Covid.”

17. Wayne Stollings

Covid patient goes from 'invincible' to hospital-bed vaccine advocate
    [​IMG]
    SUZANNE CIECHALSKI
    August 3, 2021, 10:18 PM
    An unvaccinated Virginia man who’s been hospitalized with Covid-19 is using social media to urge others to go out and get the shot.

Travis Campbell, 43, has been in the hospital for more than a week with complications from the virus, which also infected his wife and two of their children.
    “We just thought we were invincible and we weren't going to get it,” said his wife, Kellie Campbell. “And we’ve just been so busy, and we just moved, and we prolonged getting the vaccine.”

Kellie Campbell said her husband tested positive on July 22 and got progressively worse. Eventually, he was hospitalized. She worries that he will be placed on a ventilator to help his breathing.

“I mean, he couldn't catch his breath ... had fever, just lethargic, he ached, just one thing after another,” she said. “He started in a regular room, and then he went to a Covid ICU room, and now he's in the pulmonary ICU.”

Despite his condition, Travis Campbell is adamant about making videos to share on Facebook encouraging others to get vaccinated now, his wife said.

“I’m testifying to all my bulletproof friends that's holding out, it's time to protect your family, it's not worth getting long term lung damage or death please go get the vaccine,” Travis Campbell wrote in a July 25 Facebook post.

Kellie Campbell said her husband is “all about other people” and doesn’t want others to have to deal with what he's going through.

“He just doesn't want anyone to have to endure the pain that he has, and if a vaccine will help them, that's what they need to do,” she said.

In a video posted from his hospital bed Tuesday night, Travis Campbell asked followers to consider whether they’d rather plan their own funerals and goodbyes or get vaccinated.

“I hope to God that all my friends and family would not say, ‘Somebody hand me a piece of paper and a pen.’ That’s a sobering thought, of which I have done,” he said.

As her family and doctors take her husband’s condition day by day, Kellie Campbell said her advice to others is to go out and get vaccinated immediately.

“If you have to take time off work, if you have to miss out on something, you need to go get the vaccine, because we didn't, and look where we are now,” she said. “I mean, that should be your top priority. Especially not just for you, but your family members.”

18. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

India went thru the delta variant in a little over 2 months. Same with Great Britain. I believe Great Britain had better vaccine status than India. How did India's go away? Did their vaccination rate go up, or did it run its course?

19. Wayne Stollings

There are no hard answers but there are some possibilities .....

India may have reached the herd immunity threshold by the very expensive route of natural immunity and the UK has a much better vaccine rate than the US.

https://fortune.com/2021/08/03/covid-delta-variant-wave-uk-have-already-receded-us/

20. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

I guess Mark is just too lazy to research his own question. Much like he was too lazy the other day to find a legible graph that didn’t flattened all the peaks and valleys of the entire epidemic, so that it had about as much “information” as a strand of dog hair left on the floor. It doesn’t matter what you “believe” anyway. I was at Walmart a few minutes ago, and I noticed that the majority of adult shoppers were masked up again, including children and teens, which I’ve seen very little of before today. So, while you cretins peddle your narcissistic, death-encouraging, claptrap on here, and stay firm in your arrogance that you “believe” that you know better than epidemiologists about a deadly virus that is constantly mutating and changing, it looks like folks are heeding the warnings coming out of Louisiana, Florida, and Texas hospitals right now, and trying their best to protect themselves. And thank God for that, since none of you have their best interests at heart.