Covid 19

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Wayne Stollings, Mar 19, 2021.

1. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

lawnboy and Wayne Stollings like this.
  2. NJ2NC

NJ2NC Well-Known Member

Absolutely not. I pay very little attention to anything that you and ilk post, but thanks for asking.

3. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

Oh, you pay attention all right, enough to post disinformation junk on here. And by “ilk”, do you mean people who aren’t as gullible as yourself and don’t get all their health information from online charlatans and grifters, trying to make a buck? With FaceBook recently deleting 18 million disinformation posts, I’d say that it’s become a serious problem out there. Now, you’re sure you don’t want to talk some more about that misappropriated and debunked “study” that you posted, but then deleted? And by the way, I’m an unaffiliated voter. My criteria for choosing a president isn’t based on party. I just tend to choose the fellow who looks like he won’t kill as many people as the other fellow.

lawnboy and Wayne Stollings like this.
  4. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

5. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

From ABC News: Weak Covid patients (likely unvaccinated and who should be in a hospital) lying on the floor at a Jacksonville, Florida Regeneron clinic waiting to receive the unproven treatment. These patients are in advanced stages of the disease where Regeneron will be of little use to them. Regeneron is also NOT a cure, or a substitute for the vaccine, but DeSantis and others will make millions from it.
    5B4548A9-8EB0-4232-B3F5-F468D579D78C.jpeg

Last edited: Aug 20, 2021
  6. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

7. Wayne Stollings

Poll: More unvaccinated Americans blame vaccinated Americans for the Delta surge than blame themselves
    [​IMG]
    ANDREW ROMANO
    August 19, 2021, 3:49 PM

More unvaccinated Americans blame vaccinated Americans for Delta’s devastating U.S. surge than blame themselves, according to a new Yahoo News/YouGov poll.

The survey of 1,649 U.S. adults, which was conducted from Aug. 16 to 18, found that just 6 percent of those who remain unvaccinated say they are the ones who deserve “the most blame for the new surge of COVID cases in the U.S.” The share who say vaccinated Americans deserve the most blame is slightly higher (7 percent).

Likewise, when asked “how much” blame each group deserves, just 9 percent of unvaccinated Americans say they themselves deserve a “great deal of blame.” Nearly twice as many (15 percent) say vaccinated Americans deserve a great deal of blame.

[​IMG]

8. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

https://katv.com/newsletter-daily/9-lambda-variant-covid-cases-reported-in-arkansas

First samples of the Lambda variant were detected in Peru in August 2020[2] and by April 2021, over eighty percent of new cases of COVID-19 in Peru were from the new variant.[1][10] In mid-June 2021, 90.6% of new COVID-19 cases in Arequipa and 78.1% of new cases in Cusco were the Lambda variant, according to the Peruvian Ministry of Health.[11] By this time the Lambda variant had also spread throughout South America and was detected in twenty-nine countries in total, especially in Argentina, Chile and Ecuador.[10][12] The WHO designated the Lambda variant as a "variant of interest" on 14 June 2021.[1]

On 6 July 2021, Australia reported its first case of the Lambda variant in an overseas traveler who had been in a New South Wales quarantine hotel in April.[13]

On 19 July 2021, Texas reported its first case of the Lambda variant.[14] On 22 July 2021, Florida reported 126 cumulative confirmed cases of the Lambda variant.[15] On 28 July 2021, University of Miami researchers announced random sampling showed 3 percent of COVID-19 patients in Jackson Memorial Health System and at University of Miami’s UHealth Tower were infected with it.[16] On 5 August 2021, Louisiana reported its first case of the Lambda variant.[17]

On 7 August 2021, Japan confirmed its first case of the Lambda variant, with the infected person arriving in Japan from Peru on 20 July.[18]

On 15 August 2021, the Philippines confirmed its first case of the Lambda variant.[19]

It is also suggested that the Lambda variant could be more infectious and resistant to vaccines than the Alpha and/or Gamma variant.[6]

9. Wayne Stollings

Seems like more reason to get vaccinated and to continue to practice mitigation procedures, such as social distancing and masks, to limit the spread.

DWK likes this.
  10. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

It appears that you are trying to say “well, what’s the sense of doing anything if these variants keep showing up”? But the last paragraph of that Arkansas KATV report that you posted says this:

E7F43AEE-AF65-4F91-B2F0-680A0853CEB7.jpeg

11. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

This bass-ackward kind of thinking is the result of online, politicized disinformation campaigns coming from MONETIZED sites which take the actual, verified reports saying that “vaccinated people tend to blame the unvaccinated for the continuation of the pandemic”, and reverses that information. This latest report showing the reversed, illogical thinking gaining traction in the public, is the result of those monetized, disinformation campaigns.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2021
    Wayne Stollings likes this.
  12. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

MONETIZED !!!
    upload_2021-8-20_10-22-25.gif

13. Wayne Stollings

14. BuzzMyMonkey

LOL @ ACW.

15. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

16. Rockyv58

17. Rockyv58

Just remember to have enough Fava Beans on hand Fava beans000.jpg

Wayne Stollings likes this.
  18. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

Hardly, Sweetie. As an independent, unaffiliated voter, it’s not very easy to get me emotionally riled up like that woman, or maybe that North Carolina fellow who was having a serious mental health crisis from reading all kinds of slop online, and then drove on over to the Capitol yesterday (making zero sense while recording himself on FaceBook, of course!) and embarrassing his whole family. I’m surprised that he didn’t get himself killed. Apparently, what pushed him over the edge was the fact that he had just lost his Mama. But the bigger story is that he has obviously, been viewing online content that has provoked that kind of emotional state, by some of the things he was saying. I’m just not that easily emotionally manipulated, or duped by the online, MONETIZED content put out by charlatans and grifters these days to make a buck.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2021
    Wayne Stollings and Rockyv58 like this.
  19. BuzzMyMonkey

So you say,,

20. lawnboy

lawnboy Well-Known Member

How hard is it to understand basic science? As I posted 6 pages or so ago, these things mutate and adapt when they have adequate conditions. MRSA/etc exists because people don't take their full course of antibiotics when prescribed. It is an epidemic of "stop taking the meds when you feel better" and that is well-documented. With a virus (and THE virus), the more hosts you have who are not vaccinated/unmasked/doing whatever it takes to stop the spread, you're going to see variants! How long are you willing to get pissed off at mask mandates and vaccine pushers? For about another 20 years, it seems.

FWIW, the first article I read about Lambda a week ago said it was a variant of "interest," not a variant of "concern." Delta was concern. Some variants will be lesser, some greater. I still predict the Deep South variant that will wipe out entire families between Thanksgiving and Valentine's Day, all over AL/FL/GA/MS/AR/OK/MO/TN and maybe NC.