Covid 19

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Wayne Stollings, Mar 19, 2021.

1. lawnboy

lawnboy Well-Known Member

I mean, what more evidence do you need? I mean it may (MAY) be hyperbole too say there is NOT ONE person in a hospital in the US suffering from a COVID-vaccine reaction. It may very well be the case, but I don't have the evidence to make a claim of absolute zero, so I won't.

Oh, wait...https://www.wral.com/coronavirus/jo...patients-only-1-has-been-vaccinated/19846114/

Johnston hospitals have 70 COVID patients - only 1 has been vaccinated.

Qu-onspiracists, I get it. I do. People pushing the vaccine simply cannot make the claim that it will stop everyone from dying of COVID. COVID hospitalizations are nothing to laugh about. Please pardon my while I stop wiping the tears of laughter from my eyes at the idiots who still don't want to put that gubmint shot in their arms, who, if they live in this county and can count (may be a tall order out toward Four Oaks or Peacock's Crossroad or maybe Princeton?) deserve their own fate for looking at 69 out of 70 patients and, knowing they are not vaxxed, still saying they won't get the shot. But maybe Joco natives don't even believe their own kinfolk anymore? If FoxOanMaxTucker tells Bobby Sue his neighbor he's known for 60 years sitting in that ICU really DID take the vaccine, then I guess the truth is really just "fake news?"

The point has been made, and cannot be denied by ANYONE. If you keep arguing (especially after my last post regarding the 15-fold increase in death from Delta vaxed vs. unvaxed), then you are bored in your underwear looking to sit in front of a screen and pick fights.

PS and somewhat-related. In decades past, when commentators would lament the lack of voter participation in US national politics, I said 20 years ago, long before it was popular that certain people don't need to vote. They probably didn't vote because they didn't live such a life that they took time to understand the facts (30 years ago, facts came from reputable sources from people who took pride in their work, and verified it). The internet in general started the trend, but social media took it to a new level. Now anyone with an 8th-grade education can get on Facebook and find "news." Trouble is, the vast majority of these people never went to a 4 year college. They say that doesn't matter. For most humans in western society, it does matter. It's a yardstick of mental ability and motivation. In decades past, that yardstick was a good measure that that person could discern fact from fiction. But now, all among us, we have people who SOUND like they know something, but dig deeper. They aren't that smart, they're just been trained in the Facebook Fake News GED program that has programmed their minds with the ability to find "information" on Facebook and regurgitate what someone smarter than they has posted, in order to manipulate them. And because it's a domino effect of neighbor-getting-suckered-after-neighbor-getting-suckered, "My Buddy Joe knows what he's talking about so I will go with what he says," this is how it ends up being posted in places like this.

If you haven't watched Idiocracy, you really need to. It's happening, 500 years early.

Wayne Stollings likes this.
  2. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

I agree with some of what you’re saying here, but I have to disagree with your view that a college education is the only path to intelligence. I am college-educated, but have met many degreed people who are “credentialed”, but not all that smart. They got themselves through their curriculums, and that was about it. My own North Carolinian, father had to leave school in the eighth grade during the Great Depression to help on the family farm, and was a very smart man who could “reverse-engineer” anything broken and fix it. You also could not “pull the wool over his eyes” for anything. I know because I tried many times! He was like the “quickest-thinking lawyer”, without a law degree, that you ever did see. During my teenaged years, we’d go back and forth in arguments, and he’d pick out the flaws in my logic, and damn, was he good at it! But the one thing that he had was good, common sense, and the ability to keep his ears and mind open, and not fall prey to what the crowd was saying or doing. If he were alive today, I can just imagine him shaking his head (under the hood of a car, no doubt) in disbelief over this current covid situation right now. But back when he was alive, we only had 3 television stations that we watched, and the news was just a bland conveyance of daily events, and any false claims that you had to look out for were mostly in advertising. Now EVERYTHING seems to be an advertisement, and it’s not enough for people to just want to take your money, through false claims, they want to take your mind as well. That’s something my father would have seen very clearly, but the level of sophistication employed to demographically target individuals, to achieve such nefarious ends, he could have never anticipated.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2021
    Wayne Stollings likes this.
  3. lawnboy

Always an exception to the rule DWK......splitting hairs here. Bill Gates didn't go to college either...

Say what you want, but the most-cynical and conspiracy-buying people in the country have less education. It's fact. You are good at digging up stats and studies DWK, so I am certain you can find plenty of supporting documentation :D

4. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Service ran the numbers and found that unvaccinated people are 15.4x (or 1,540%) more likely to die from Covid than those who received vaccines, and 4.4x (440%) more likely to catch it.

WBTV:

This comes as the state hit a pandemic high on Aug. 26 with 912 adults in the ICU with COVID-19. The number of COVID-19 patients on ventilators also reached a record high at 574.

This week's respiratory surveillance report is the first to provide age-adjusted death rate data for COVID-19. Adjusting for age is a way to make fairer comparisons between vaccinated and unvaccinated people because the vaccinated population is older than the unvaccinated population and older people are more likely to die from COVID-19. Data is preliminary and is subject to change as additional cases and deaths are reported.

During the week ending Aug. 21, unvaccinated people were also 4.4 times, or 440 percent, more likely to catch COVID-19 than vaccinated people. The difference between vaccinated and unvaccinated teens was even greater during the week ending Aug. 21, with unvaccinated people aged 12 to 17 being 6.3 times, or 630 percent, more likely to get COVID-19 than vaccinated people in the same age group.

5. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

After this pandemic is all over, I will find the conclusive stats that I am seeking from a reputable source. And they will probably be the only correlative stats that matter in the end.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2021
  6. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

This stat is telling ....

7% of Americans think chocolate milk comes from brown cows
    by Jamie Burch/KTXS

Monday, September 23rd 2019
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Seven percent of Americans believe chocolate milk comes from brown cows, according to a recent survey.

The Innovation Center for U.S. Dairy conducted a survey in Aof more than 1,000 adults 18 and over.

They found 48% of Americans aren't sure where chocolate milk comes from and 7% thought chocolate milk only comes from brown cows.

Chocolate milk gets its flavor and color from cocoa beans, according to Food & Wine.

DWK likes this.
  7. lawnboy

Also, DWK, let's be clear, 200 years ago, most people had zero formal education. I am not counting the 1930s, lol. We are talking about people born from the 50s to the 90s. We will see how things pan out for the youngest of Gen Z. It may be 4 year college becomes obsolete for all but the wealthy elite - like it was 200 years ago. I am talking about the traditional middle class, roughly boomers to millennials, who grew up with the opportunity and advice to get a 4 year degree. Those were the Reagan republicans, the Clinton democrats. They set the narrative and tone for society for 50 years. If you were born lower middle to upper class in those time periods, and you did not go to college, and especially if you didn't finish high school, you are more likely to believe these conspiracies and buy into fake news. I am not talking about your rural, farm-laboring father in the great depression era. If he had been born after 1950, after seismic change of WWII and the rise of said middle class, his parents probably would have told him he needed to go to college and he would have! And he definitely still would not buy the fake news today!

DWK likes this.
  8. Wayne Stollings

[​IMG]

Unmasked elementary school teacher infected 12 students, CDC reports
    Samantha Kubota 14 hrs ago
    An elementary school teacher in California infected half of their class after going to work visibly sick and taking their mask off while with the students.

According to a report published Friday by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Marin County teacher was one of two staff members who hadn’t been vaccinated for the coronavirus. Health officials found that 12 of the teacher’s 24 students tested positive for COVID-19 and four parents of kids in the class were also later infected. Ten other students at the school also tested positive, bringing the total number of people infected by school’s outbreak to 27, including the teacher.

The report said the outbreak was from the delta variant of the coronavirus and none of the patients required hospitalization.

It offered a timeline for the teacher, who began feeling congested and fatigued on May 19 but went to work anyway, believing the symptoms to be allergies. The teacher continued working through May 21 — despite beginning to cough and experiencing fever symptoms — and got tested that day. Students started getting sick on May 22. The teacher informed the school of their positive test results on May 23.

The report indicates that all the students impacted were too young to be vaccinated.

A seating chart provided in the CDC’s report shows how the virus spread from the infected teacher in the classroom, with several students in the front two rows testing positive along with a select few seated in the back.

[​IMG]© Centers for Disease Control and Prevention A 2D graphic of desks arranged in a classroom with shades of blue indicating who caught the viru (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
    While four of the 10 students infected outside of the impacted class had siblings in the central classroom, health officials were’t clear on how the other six, all in another grade, had caught the virus. The two classrooms are separated by “a large outdoor courtyard” and all classrooms had the doors and windows open. Each room also had high-efficiency air filters.

AdChoices
    “This outbreak of COVID-19 that originated with an unvaccinated teacher highlights the importance of vaccinating school staff members who are in close indoor contact with children ineligible for vaccination as schools reopen,” the report concludes. “The outbreak’s attack rate highlights the Delta variant’s increased transmissibility and potential for rapid spread, especially in unvaccinated populations such as schoolchildren too young for vaccination.”

The report adds that the level of transmission of the delta variant “appeared lower” than some previous reports, possibly because the city where the outbreak happened has a high level of vaccination, 72%.

The scientists added their support of universal masking inside of schools.

“New evidence of the Delta variant’s high transmissibility, even among fully vaccinated persons, supports recommendations for universal masking in schools,” the authors wrote. “Strict adherence to ... masking, routine testing, facility ventilation and staying home when symptomatic are important to ensure safe in-person learning in schools.”

In California, masks are currently required inside the classroom.

Attached Files:

9. Wayne Stollings

Years ago, anthropologist Margaret Mead was asked by a student what she considered to be the first sign of civilization in a culture. The student expected Mead to talk about fishhooks or clay pots or grinding stones.

But no. Mead said that the first sign of civilization in an ancient culture was a femur (thighbone) that had been broken and then healed. Mead explained that in the animal kingdom, if you break your leg, you die. You cannot run from danger, get to the river for a drink or hunt for food. You are meat for prowling beasts. No animal survives a broken leg long enough for the bone to heal.

A broken femur that has healed is evidence that someone has taken time to stay with the one who fell, has bound up the wound, has carried the person to safety and has tended the person through recovery. Helping someone else through difficulty is where civilization starts, Mead said."

We are at our best when we serve others. Be civilized.
    - Ira Byock.

DWK, lawnboy and Hught like this.
  10. Wayne Stollings

11. lawnboy

https://www.politico.com/states/flo...-who-condemned-vaccines-dies-of-covid-1390555

A conservative Florida radio host who spoke out against Covid-19 vaccines died after a weekslong fight with the virus, marking the third radio personality to die from coronavirus who publicly rejected vaccines.

The death of Marc Bernier, 65, who was a mainstay on talk radio in Daytona, was announced Saturday night by WNDB, the radio station he was affiliated with for three decades.

Don't forget, Pucker "antivax" Carlson is fully vaccinated despite what he spews out of his.....mouth. More proof that it's all about ratings, and he and Fox have made the calculation that X amount will die from following what they say, but that they will still have a large enough pool of viewers for the ratings metrics to be run.

12. Wayne Stollings

13. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

14. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/30/duk...id-vaccines-for-staff-following-outbreak.html

Duke University on Monday enacted a vaccine mandate for staff and a mask requirement for the entire campus after a Covid-19 outbreak infected nearly 350 students and 15 employees to start the fall semester.

The university, which instituted a Covid vaccine requirement for students earlier this year, said 98% of all students are fully immunized. Just eight people involved in the outbreak are unvaccinated and a majority are asymptomatic, the statement said.

15. Wayne Stollings

Shows the need for continued use of protective measures in close quarters IN ADDITION to being vaccinated since there are those folks running around unvaccinated and without masks who will be the ones at risk, especially since the campus does not isolate from the surrounding community and that 57% vaccination rate.

DWK likes this.
  16. Wayne Stollings

17. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

We were warned at the beginning of the summer that the Delta variant was more transmissible than the original Covid virus that hit us last year. Immunologists and epidemiologists have already been telling people to mask up indoors because of this fact. Any breakthrough cases that occur, only proves that this virus is HIGHLY TRANSMISSIBLE and all mitigations are necessary right now, to not only stop the spread, but also to STOP THE VIRUS FROM MUTATING further. Breakthrough cases, while generally mild and do not typically result in hospitalizations, can still allow the virus to mutate, which is why they currently recommend wearing masks, even if a person is vaccinated. Survival depends on adapting to changing conditions, whatever those conditions may be - whether it’s threats from war, an economic recession, or this deadly virus. Take your pick because you’re going to be adapting throughout your entire lifetime, if you want to survive.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2021
  18. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

BE5943A4-89BA-4F00-A7D0-A1FF34DF235E.jpeg

Rockyv58 likes this.
  19. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

https://www.newsweek.com/new-covid-variant-most-mutated-strain-detected-nine-countries-1624491

C.1.2 Variant, Most Mutated COVID Strain So Far, Detected in Nine Countries

The C.1.2 variant, which was first detected in South Africa in May, has since been found in Botswana, China, Democratic Republic of the Congo, the United Kingdom, Mauritius, New Zealand, Portugal and Switzerland.

There are four other variants of concern of COVID-19 among scientists—Alpha, Beta, Gamma and Delta—and another four variants of interest—Eta, Iota, Kappa and Lambda—in global circulation.

https://covidvax.live/location/zaf

About 15% vaccinated in South Africa currently.

20. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

Again, this is from a pre-printed, non-peer reviewed report. It has not yet been evaluated by professional peers, and should not be used in clinical practice. Because this report has not been professionally evaluated, we have no way of knowing whether these variants are more severe, or less severe, and we won’t know much of anything until more research is conducted regarding how these variants behave in the population. Here is the first page of the pre-press, unevaluated report that you posted. Newsweek should have included the information to its readers and disclosed that it was from an unevaluated report, but failed to do so:

79BD9C80-46E0-4C4B-84F7-D1888EE17A5F.jpeg