Covid 19

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Wayne Stollings, Mar 19, 2021.

1. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

2. jesse82nc

3. jesse82nc

4. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

Your sources are good here, Jesse. You’ve got a reputable Bloomberg article showing links to the original MedRXiv preprint claim, (unevaluated), and then another link to a published study in JAMA which seems to validate the claim in the preprint.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2021
  5. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

It was expected that various pharmaceutical companies would be developing their own treatments to compete with Regeneron and Sotrovimab. All of these treatments are not a substitute for the vaccine, and can only be used in patients who have been infected with Covid LESS THAN FIVE DAYS. Most unvaccinated, infected people wait more than five days to seek medical treatment, making these treatments ineffective.

6. lawnboy

lawnboy Well-Known Member

All of today's posts can be summarized to state the obvious: the COVID vaccines are, and have been, the best way to prevent death and even hospitalization from the COVID variants were have been aware of through vaccine release, and up to this point. How is this controversial? What does highlighting a new variant of concern (of which we have all said, for months, including me prior to Delta's arrival in the US), for which it, and potential future variants may require augmented or different preventive measures, prove that the vaccine "doesn't work?"

1) The vaccine as it is today does work, and has worked.
    2) Something like 3% of the WORLD is vaccinated.
    3) These new variants are popping up in 3rd world countries with mass population and low access to the COVID vaccines - i.e. the ideal conditions for mutations that create more dangerous variants (of concern)
    4) 65% of the US is vaccinated
    5) When these new variants reach the US (Delta 2 months ago, future VoCs next) they will have 150 million opportunties to mutate further and kill people

There would be no significant variants mutating and arising now if the entire world population had been administered the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine by April of this year. 97% of the world's population is unvaccinated and you see what is happening. Knowing that, why does anyone in a civilized country who has full access to both the knowledge and the vaccine itself, for free, choose to remain unvaccinated?

The willful unvaxed are the ones creating the self-fulilling prophecy of uncontained spread and further perpetual mutations. The ones saying the vaccine doesnt work and who wont take it are the ones creating the very NEED for future types of treatments!

This is enough to drive a sane, thinking person INSANE!

BobF, DWK and Wayne Stollings like this.
  7. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

What happens to your brain when disinformation (or any information) is deliberately created to elicit strong irrational, emotions:

03CCA56F-1386-455B-9D6D-CE18AD02B4DA.jpeg 0256561A-ABD6-47D3-B744-EDC344F9995B.jpeg 33B2F3BB-2C09-4611-8967-08AD5624F03B.jpeg 4CC0F9B5-2DC3-47E7-962C-1040E2A72AB1.jpeg C0F3FAE4-2EAA-4BB1-BCA2-4F9007D27C6D.jpeg

Wayne Stollings and lawnboy like this.
  8. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

9. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

ACW still the liar he’s always been. He has yet to control his ignorance and lies.

10. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

Straight from the hi-jacked amygdala himself. It’s all so “frightening”, it’s all so “scary”, but somehow infecting your own children is just “peachy” and totally “normal”!

Wayne Stollings likes this.
  11. lawnboy

Looks like Buzz didn't get laid again last night. Now he's dreaming that DWK is a man?

[​IMG]

Wayne Stollings likes this.
  12. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

You 3 stooges Lawnloser, dwk, ACW make no sense whatsoever half the time, a good bit of what y’all spew is lies anyways. At least you 3 enjoy each other’s idiocy.

13. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

Says the Donuthole who never comments on the actual subject matter of ANY content whatsoever. Just another troll in the manufactured outrage market.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2021
    lawnboy and Wayne Stollings like this.
  14. Wayne Stollings

15. Wayne Stollings

16. lawnboy

Yes, yes. When I hear the ones saying "you can't make me," I am basically hearing overgrown toddlers who tend to carry real-life toy guns and drive super-sized Tonka toy trucks running around in circles with their fingers in their ears, driving the adults in the room nuts. Maybe they need adult-force spankings and for the adults to take their toys away and put them in time out? Do I hear something BUZZing? Is it just me?

17. Wayne Stollings

I believe you are hearing the specific local version No Seeum North Carolinus Ignoramus BUZZing around your head spreading its normal troll bait.

lawnboy likes this.
  18. jesse82nc

19. jesse82nc

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/09/01/who-says-it-is-monitoring-a-new-covid-variant-called-mu.html

The World Health Organization is monitoring a new coronavirus variant called “mu,” which the agency says has mutations that have the potential to evade immunity provided by a previous Covid-19 infection or vaccination.

Mu — also known by scientists as B.1.621 — was added to the WHO’s list of variants “of interest” on Aug. 30, the international health organization said in its weekly Covid epidemiological report published late Tuesday.

20. Wayne Stollings