New Development Activity in the area

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by jesse82nc, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Not sure if I had seen it here or over on the Nextdoor app. I know someone had posted about it. But I saw the other day they moved the Pelican's Ice cream over to one corner. What are they doing over there?

2. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Barber Mill Road Bridge update video

markfnc likes this.
  3. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

I saw on their facebook site they were moving "across the street" but not sure what will happen where they were located, or to batting cages.

jesse82nc likes this.
  4. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

The 7 acres where they used to be was purchased by MCLEMORE FARMS LLC on December 30th, 2021.

5. markfnc

Harbor Freight bids Feb 21, estimated start date March 7

6. markfnc

Anyone know the owners of the Swift Creek mini-Mart @ NC50/Rand Rd? Wondering why they closed after years/decades in business. Was it due it the upcoming VA hospital?

7. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

I believe so.

markfnc likes this.
  8. jesse82nc

markfnc likes this.
  9. jesse82nc

2021-90-CZM - Ramblewood Village

Presenter: Ben Howell, Planning Director

Ramblewood Village Subdivision is a mixed residential, walkable development consisting of a mix of single-family detached homes and attached townhomes. Ramblewood Village will be developed on vacant property located approximately 0.43 miles southeast of the Wake County line on the north side of US Highway 70 West. The development will be transformed into a place where people can live and play in one community, while taking advantage of shopping opportunities in the surrounding neighborhood and immediate access to US Highway 70 east and west.

upload_2022-3-4_10-29-4.png

https://www.google.com/maps/place/3...5176060726e!7e2!8m2!3d35.6720445!4d-78.504673

markfnc likes this.
  10. jesse82nc

2021-20-CZM - Country Lane - Conditional Zoning

Presenter: Ben Howell, Planning Director

The project is located on Country Lane Road with additional access points connecting to Hunter Way and Lynn Drive, which are currently stubbed to the project site. The master plan for this single-family subdivision will not exceed 2.6 dwelling units per acre or 299 lots.

upload_2022-3-4_10-32-36.png

https://www.google.com/maps/place/3...281b1feff66!7e2!8m2!3d35.6247793!4d-78.469346

markfnc likes this.
  11. jesse82nc

Heard in the recent Clayton Town Council meeting that the stretch of US 70 from I-40 in the west to business 70 in the east has been approved to be renamed to I-42. As part of this, Business 70 would be renamed to US 70. And NC DOT is considering renaming NC 42 on the west side of Clayton to something different to eliminate confusion. Depending on how much gets renamed, this could mean 40/42 would no longer be accurate. In fact 40/42 would now become the new interchage if I-40/I-42/NC-540 technically.

panthersdude2001 likes this.
  12. markfnc

Carolina Quick Lube coming to Technology Dr, next to simple twist. Bids Mar 21 start work April 25.
    Right across from Fast Lube Plus.
    Anyone know what is going into old Eye Dr place between DQ and Fast Lube?

13. markfnc

14. jesse82nc

DENIED by Town Council. Even though the existing property to the north is 13 units/acre, this new one at 10 units/acre was found to be too dense for the area.

15. markfnc

Not sure if this had been noted.
    A new park called Beech Bluff County Park. It will be along NC 42 between Porter Farms and Old Stage Rd. North side of road. Just about across from Adams Vineyard. Walking trails, pine savannah, forest trails, multipurpose lawn, visitors center, shelters, etc. Bids in April, start const May

Beech Bluff County Park | Wake County Government (wakegov.com)

16. jesse82nc

I pulled in the parking lot the other day and got out and peeked in the windows. It's definitely a Dunkin, you could see their new POS terminals with their logo on them inside and the cases for the donuts. Looked about 80% complete in the dining area, not sure about the kitchen part.

17. markfnc

[ QUOTE="jesse82nc, post: 825894, member: 22489"]I pulled in the parking lot the other day and got out and peeked in the windows. It's definitely a Dunkin, you could see their new POS terminals with their logo on them inside and the cases for the donuts. Looked about 80% complete in the dining area, not sure about the kitchen part.[/QUOTE]
    Jesse have you seen any revised road plans that would allow a left turn into Dunkin from nc 42 west? otherwise its just like the Burger King and why they closed, you cant access it without the round about turn.

18. jesse82nc

Jesse have you seen any revised road plans that would allow a left turn into Dunkin from nc 42 west? otherwise its just like the Burger King and why they closed, you cant access it without the round about turn.[/QUOTE]

Nope, it's a right-in only in the latest drawings I have seen. Technically I guess you could cut through the gas station, but they will probably stop that at some point.

19. somethingNother

somethingNother Active Member

jesse82nc likes this.
  20. jesse82nc

screen-shot-2022-04-12-at-25129-pm.jpg

Big changes are in store in Garner.

Longtime Raleigh real estate veteran Grady Matthews and his new company, Wycliff Development, have unveiled plans for a 225-acre mixed-use development in Garner.

The site is situated at the southwest corner of Highway 70 and White Oak Road, off the Highway 70 exit from Interstate 40.

“This is a rare opportunity to develop one of the last remaining sites of its size and significance in one of the hottest real estate markets in the country,” Matthews said. “We are currently in the exploratory phase and carefully evaluating the highest and best uses that will add value to Wake County. We have begun conversations with the Town of Garner and are committed to bringing a high-quality mixed-use district to the region that celebrates wellness, innovation and connection.”

Wycliff Development is the master developer on the project – currently called E District – in partnership with the Yeargan Family, which owns the land. The group has brought on local architecture firm O’Brien Atkins Associates as the master land planner.

The group is now looking for partnering firms.

Matthews said they have no current estimates on the amount of residential units or commercial space and that they have broad options for what they can do with the site. The group has not submitted any plans or applications with the town, though talks have started, and Matthews said town staff and officials do appear interested in the possibilities.

The deal to secure the land for the project came through Matthews' personal and professional relationship with the family.

“We developed a friendship and business relationship. The property hasn't really been on the market,” he said. ‘It's a new hot item that came in under the radar, so it's exciting. There's just not a lot of land left, really anywhere, especially in Wake County.”

https://www.google.com/maps/place/3...659b2c8cb8!7e2!8m2!3d35.6949064!4d-78.5881287