40/42 Interchange Construction

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by jesse82nc, Apr 22, 2019.

1. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

Dunkin Donuts

2. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

This was from Saturday or Sunday -

3. markfnc

Jesse82nc is the 40/42 intersection construction (roundabouts etc) a separate contract from I 40 widening from exit 301 to 312 +/- ?

4. jesse82nc

markfnc likes this.
  5. markfnc

6. markfnc

Looks like some real big metal poles (light/elect??) have gone up in the metal bldg. shopping center right in the middle of their parking lot/ drive lane. (Between Waffle House and Bojangles.)

7. UsrNmsSuk

UsrNmsSuk Member

Those should be for the new traffic lights going in at the different intersections. They are at Cleveland School Road and Old Drug Store as well.

Really going to create some issue with the shopping center.

8. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Where on Cleveland School Road?

9. jesse82nc

The new traffic light poles. That is going to be a huge new intersection and traffic light setup.

Rockyv58 likes this.
  10. Rockyv58

Isn't the intersection between the Little Ceasars and Dairy Queen where the Traffic light is going?

11. Rockyv58

I had clicked on subscribe to the guy who takes all the videos. I was chatting with him saying i wish I could see drone video going the other way. He took the following, its short and of course nothing cleared land yet.

12. jesse82nc

Yes, that is where the poles are. It's a REALLY BIG intersection. Like 6-8 lanes across when done.

13. jesse82nc

It's not fully updated, but the green lines are the new right of way for NC 42.

42.png

42 2.png

14. markfnc

That sure cuts it tight for those business in the metal bldg. along 42.

15. markfnc

right at 42. there is a new metal pole at each corner of the intersection.

16. jesse82nc

That site and the one where DQ is, they both have a new owner, the same one, as of recently. I wondered if they were going to do a redevelopment. It's a lot of land all together.

upload_2022-6-8_8-50-49.png

17. markfnc

I heard the DQ mgr telling someone, when asked about the construction, that they would hold on and see how it affected business to decide what they would be doing.

18. Smithers

Smithers Well-Known Member

The new stoplights at 42 and Technology Dr (by the DQ) are being hung right now.

markfnc likes this.
  19. UsrNmsSuk

UsrNmsSuk Member

Some interesting updates between the Oct 2017 and Jan 2022 plans with regard to the Cleveland Sch Rd/ODS/Pierce Rd section.

Oct 2017

upload_2022-8-8_11-32-17.png

Jan 2022

upload_2022-8-8_11-33-31.png

markfnc likes this.
  20. markfnc

So, Old Drug Store Rd wont connect to Clev School Rd anymore? Pierce Rd will connect to CSR a little further from Intersection. Anything else?